By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Demo Play in bound (Kind Code Patent) NSMBWii to be first game with it

If they add this to the Metroid Prime Trilogy, i might just get it.
Bought MP3 and have had to give up 20 percent into the game. Just cannot get past this horrible boss. Gave up playing what was up to then a brilliant game.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network
rajendra82 said:
TWRoO said:
It might have actually encouraged people to finish Okami, which despite it's low sales, it seems even fewer completed it.

What are you talking about?  Okami was quite easy to finish (on the Wii for sure, I did not play it on PS2).  Nothing took more than 2-3 tries max.

Well assuming I took an average time to complete it my first time (I am good, but a throrough explorer) I should think most people take a good 35-40 hours to complete it once, yet the average playtime for it on the Nintendo Channel is under 20 hours.... A time that I suspect means people stopped playing roundabout (or shortly after) fighting the 8 headed Dragon for the first time.

Perhaps they got bored of it rather than thinking it too difficult, but either way a good portion of owners don't complete it.

DaveD said:
So basically it's like watching a guide on youtube but its the actual game o_O;

That's exactly the way to look at this. Instead of taking a trip to gamefaqs.com, you hit the hint button or the autopilot and get past the hard part and get back to having fun.

Haven't we all had that moment where we don't know what the hell we're supposed to do in a game? Sometimes the answer is sitting right there in front of us, but it takes a half-hour to find it, and we feel so stupid for missing the obvious that it doesn't feel like an accomplishment to finally figure it out. This feature can save you that half-hour of frustration.

And if you enjoy slamming your head into a brick wall (I do, if it's the right kind of wall), then just ignore the feature and lord your superiority over teh n00bs.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.