By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sales prediction for Monster Hunter 3 Japan?

PREDICT MONSTER HUNTER 3 SALES IN JAPAN.

We´ve seen the new sexy black Wii console that is going to be released the same day in Japan as Monster Hunter 3, August 1:st. There will also be a hardwarebundle with Monster Hunter 3 with a new black classic controller+black Wii.

How much do you think that Monster Hunter 3 will sell now? First week and lifetime? I know that it´s hard for games in Japan to reach the million selling mark but may this move by Nintendo have increased the chances for Monster Hunter 3 to reach a million or more?

I´ll start. My prediction is:

First week sales: 650-700k

Lifetime sales: 1,2 million

A quick question, do hardwarebundles count in Famitsu and Media Create for software games? Will those copies of MH 3 sold with hardware show in their figures?

Around the Network

It's hard to say. The Monster Hunter games have always done really well on the PSP, but kind of poorly on the PS2. If it hits the Monster Hunter magic they saw on the PSP, the colored Wii bundle and the larger install base could push it towards the PSP level of sales, which are 2-3 mill. If it turns out the japanese just hate console Monster Hunters, it might push around a mill, mainly due to novelty and the black bundled Wii.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

So you think it will at least reach a million? Would be sweet. More predictions people!

C´mon people! Some predictions please...
The bundle and new color changes things doesn´t it?

With the bundle like this, who knows how many PSP fans will get roped into picking it up.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89
Around the Network

i think it will be 500-600k first week and like 4 or 5 m lifetime you will see.

i'm certain it won't be as popular as the PSP versions, but it's become a big franchise now so it still carries weight on consoles. I'm gonna say about 800-900k.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

first week 550-750k

first year 1.8-3m

cacafina said:
i think it will be 500-600k first week and like 4 or 5 m lifetime you will see.

I think it´s really exciting because it feels like a situation where it´s extremely hard to predict just what the impact of the game will be. The console games have not been huge but the series have gained momentum and with a bundle like this?.....

I´m predicting 1,2 million lifetime but maybe I´m being too conservative? Or too positive? Gaaah I don´t know.

400k first week
700k lifetime