By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has there ever been an underdog console with as much support as the PS3 ?

How the hell PS3 is a underdog? Heck Wii and 360 are more underdog then the PS3 is.

Its like saying New England Patriots are the underdog the season after they won 2 Super Bowl.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
I think the topic is circular reasoning.

The real question should be: how can a console with as much support as the PS3 underperform so badly that it became the underdog?

Or, how can a console with as little support as the Wii overperform so well that it became the champion?

The answer is that support does not equal sales.

TheBigFatJ said:

Part of the reason the PS3 has so much third party support is that it was expected to be, far and away, the winner this generation and game development these days takes 24-48 months.  So by the time it was obvious that the PS3 would be doomed to last place, many developers had already unstoppable projects for it.

Although it lost all of its best exclusives.

agree wth this guy.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Slimebeast said:

The real question should be: how can a console with as much support as the PS3 underperform so badly that it became the underdog?

Do you have to troll at every Sony thread, seriously.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Slimebeast said:

Huh? That wasn't trolling. It was a perfectly valid question. But I guess guys like you identilfy Sony as the underdog so deeply that you become a bit oversensitive and see demons where there is none. (I haven't trolled Sony in many months)

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
psrock said:
Slimebeast said:

Huh? That wasn't trolling. It was a perfectly valid question. But I guess guys like you identilfy Sony as the underdog so deeply that you become a bit oversensitive and see demons where there is none. (I haven't trolled Sony in many months)

Werent you the same person complaining about the lack of Sony games last year?

Next Gen 

psrock said:
Slimebeast said:
psrock said:
Slimebeast said:

I said months, not years lol.

Slimebeast said:
psrock said:
Slimebeast said:
psrock said:
Slimebeast said:

I said months, not years lol.

lol, that was funny. I'll let you have this one.

Next Gen 

Seriously, only Sony fanboys really believe that the Sony is the underdog. How can a company that won the last the game generation by a very large margin consider a underdog? I sometime don't understand fanboys at all.

The PS3 was never the underdog until Sony made it that way. Half of what the PS3 is today is due to what the PS1/2 were yesterday.

Tease.