By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 'The Last Guardian' comparing 2007 vs 2009 trailers HUGE difference

Award for the worst graphics this console generation. 3D clipping all over and the boy looked cell shaded. I hope that wasn't a finished product.

Around the Network

That kid still looks awfully designed and doesn't fit in with anything. Hopefully they ditch his cartoon look.

tuscaniman said:
Award for the worst graphics this console generation. 3D clipping all over and the boy looked cell shaded. I hope that wasn't a finished product.

1. I only saw one case of clipping in the entire trailer and it was minute (the part when the boy is on the cat-rat-bird and looking out into the city, there's 1 or 2 strands of fur that goes through his clothes). Perhaps you were watching the footage from 2007 and not the one shown in E3?

2. The characters in both ICO and SotC had an artistic style, shading and outline that made the characters seem a bit celshaded. The style of the boy in this trailer are on point compared to the rest of the series.

3. I find it hard to believe that anyone would think this is a finished product given that there's no firm release date and that the trailer was the first one officially displayed to the public.

Maybe its an "artistic" style but it just looks bad. Maybe you don't think I know what I'm talking about which is fine. In MY OPINION (key words there) its looks bad. I'm a 3d computer graphics major and I wouldn't be happy with this character if I had created it.

tuscaniman said:

Maybe its an "artistic" style but it just looks bad. Maybe you don't think I know what I'm talking about which is fine. In MY OPINION (key words there) its looks bad. I'm a 3d computer graphics major and I wouldn't be happy with this character if I had created it.

Not calling you out, i respect your opinion, especially since style or art is so subjective, but maybe you could link us or post some of your projects so maybe we can see if any of us think your work is superior?

Around the Network

When played at the same time, it's easy to see just how massive the gap has been over 2 years.

bbsin said:
I already know the ending to this game.

The cat-rat-bird sacrifices itself to save the boy.

Or the boy will die, the creature will cry mournfully over him, and you will curse the jaded perspective that led you to believe you knew the ending, contributing to you bawling like a schoolgirl.

;)