By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Littlebigplanet.. the next killer app for ps3

fooflexible said: Am I the only one that thinks Home appeals mostly to hardcore gamers? The whole trophy system is obviously designed for people playing alot of games and winning them. Someone always on and chatting rearranging furniture in your virtual home, and getting your avatar just right sounds like alot of involved and somewhat complex features, I think it sounds to complicated for casual players. Casual players want simple fun games they pop in and play. I think Home looks a bit daunting to them. And just to clarify I like Home alot, I'm excited to try it when I eventually get a ps3, and I feel it appeals to me becuase I am a hardcore gamer.
Yeah, I pictured Home for hardcore players more then casual, but then the Wii sort of redefined "casual" (I now picture grandparents playing when I read casual). Calling LittlebigPlanet a Killer app would be like calling Viva Pinata a Killer app. Both are for players who get tired of shooting stuff and want a break. It will not sell PS3's alone. Also let's not forget that casual players don't buy $600 systems. Edit: correction - Casual players who live with a wife or girlfriend don't buy $600 systems.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

No. It looks like a great game. But it won't be a killer app. Am I the only one that thinks the term Killer app is thrown around way too much now a days? Usually, a system only gets a few Killer apps in it's lifetime. It took the 360 almost a year to get it's first killer in the forms of Gears of War. Little Big Planet looks like a lot of fun, But I doubt it'll be a game to define a console by.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said: No. It looks like a great game. But it won't be a killer app. Am I the only one that thinks the term Killer app is thrown around way too much now a days? Usually, a system only gets a few Killer apps in it's lifetime. It took the 360 almost a year to get it's first killer in the forms of Gears of War. Little Big Planet looks like a lot of fun, But I doubt it'll be a game to define a console by.
I agree, everything is a killer app, I remember somewhere people where asking if Flow would be a killer app.