By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So this new motion controller....thoughts?

It looks weird. I'm trying to get a good look at it. Is it shaped like a microphone? Also it requires a peripheral seemingly dead at this point as far as developer support is concerned? I mean it seems to be as accurate as Motion Plus, but still, I can't see it doing much for the PS3 at this point, especially with Sony's attitude towards PSEye support. I just don't think Sony or Microsoft get why this was successful for Nintendo and it won't be for them. Let's hope Sony actually supports this thing.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

It looks quite frankly rubbish compared to what MS showed us last night...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Though this has a much better chance at actually getting to market. MS showed vapour.

the2bears - the indie shmup blog

Can't judge until I see videos of it in action but all this stuff is too little too late.. I mean Nintendo are moving onto vitality sensors now! Sony and Microsoft should focus on what they do best..

Its better then WM+ but worse then what MS has, so who really cares. I see no use for them in normal gaming.

Around the Network

It has potential, but:

1. It's an accessory and without the proper support it just won't sell.
  2. If it does come out in 2010, it will be more than a year late.
  3. It only showed a tech demo and not the impressive of a tech demo after what we've seen on the Wii for the last three years.

It'll probably be useful for RTS console games, and web browsing.... but I'm not a huge fan of gimmicky money grabbing crap.  It'll really come down to the software to make this thing work.  Maybe applicable to a couple of sports games like golf. 

All i know is that, more install base, similiar technology, wii motion + already won that war.

At least Microsoft released that cool ass (minority report) tech demo.

^movies?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Looks like Sony had those 2 guys working in a basement for 2 months...and told them to rip off the wii mote.