By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create 3/5~3/11

With the recent success of MH2, I think the big story the last few weeks has been portable sales. the last five years with cell phone technology texting camera intergration, Ipods, portable media players, and now the DS and PSP has shown the power of the portable market. The handheld market was always looked at as a second rate market. But every week the DS and psp hold a lead over every single console on the market, their starting to prove they're the big dogs. In the big picture it's funny I think the console are going to start to feel the pain of this transition. Dragon Quest already moved to the DS, how long before the next official FF sequel is on the DS? I'm sure alot of quality teams have held up some console development now for handheld projects. Until now usually the lower level teams worked on handheld games, they were the low budget projects. But I bet if Musou released on the Psp it would have sold better then it's ps3 counterpart. It begs to ask will this generation belong to the handhelds?

Kwaad said: (there are only like 4 games on DS that have sold better that are 3rd party)
Despite that being true the 3rd party titles on the psp fall off quite significanly after the 2 MH titles. So it hardly makes the point that 3rd parties have a better shot on the psp.

Around the Network

Lingyis said: 170k to 30k for gundam??? 80% dropoff? and i thought last week's numbers were supply-constrained. and KOEI thought they were gonna sell a million copies. so much for that.
With 800,000 PS3s sold in Japan, current sales of this mean that one in four JPN PS3 owners has Gundam Musou, which is quite a lot. It should have decent legs too, as a popular title for people picking up a new system. 1 million though? Not in Japan at least. Worldwide though, that is definitely a possibility.

PSN - hanafuda