By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can a muti-plat game like MGS Rising be reannounced as an exclusive

This generation alot of games which were first were announced exclusive to some system have been later announced as multi-platform games.Some examples are GTA 4,Tekken 6,Final Fantasy 13 and Devil May Cry 4.But has their been a game which first were announced to be mutiplatform later announced as an exclusive to one of the multi-plat system.

At Microsoft's E3 09 press conference,MGS Rising was announced and MS later confirmed it as multi-platform.MGS main games have always been first released on PS platform and some games have later made their way to other platforms.We don't know now if MGS Rising is a main game in the series but it will be released alongside its PS3 version.Kojima,the creater of the game has always been a PS fan and as said before,he doesn't like to make MGS games for  other platforms than PS,he also said stressed on it this issue in his interview after the MS conference.Here the question is not whether Kojima would fool MS and re-announce the game as a PS3 exclusive.

The question is that,can a company who has announced their game coming to a platform even though multi-platform re-announce their game as an exclusive to a rival platform?

Another question is,Can the company who were first getting the game on their system sue the game company which made the game exclusive to the other console?(For example - Kojima announcing MGS Rising as a PS3 exclusive at E3 2010 to be released in Fall 2010,so in this case can MS sue them for wasting their conference time at E3 09 and spoiling their image by fooling them)

Around the Network

Just give it up Sony lost there BIGGEST franchise asa exclusive

Ya this thread makes no sense. MG:Rising is multi-platform and that's fine. The PS3 has an awesome collection anyway, lets not get paranoid.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Solid_Snake4RD said:

This generation alot of games which were first were announced exclusive to some system have been later announced as multi-platform games.Some examples are GTA 4,Tekken 6,Final Fantasy 13 and Devil May Cry 4.But has their been a game which first were announced to be mutiplatform later announced as an exclusive to one of the multi-plat system.

At Microsoft's E3 09 press conference,MGS Rising was announced and MS later confirmed it as multi-platform.MGS main games have always been first released on PS platform and some games have later made their way to other platforms.We don't know now if MGS Rising is a main game in the series but it will be released alongside its PS3 version.Kojima,the creater of the game has always been a PS fan and as said before,he doesn't like to make MGS games for  other platforms than PS,he also said stressed on it this issue in his interview after the MS conference.Here the question is not whether Kojima would fool MS and re-announce the game as a PS3 exclusive.

The question is that,can a company who has announced their game coming to a platform even though multi-platform re-announce their game as an exclusive to a rival platform?

Another question is,Can the company who were first getting the game on their system sue the game company which made the game exclusive to the other console?(For example - Kojima announcing MGS Rising as a PS3 exclusive at E3 2010 to be released in Fall 2010,so in this case can MS sue them for wasting their conference time at E3 09 and spoiling their image by fooling them)

You're a little crazy.  I think I'm gonna keep an eye on you.

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E

Around the Network

this is the image i have of you in my mind right now

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

I'm going to answer this question seriously and not berate him like others.

I think they could reannounce it as an exclusive, but will they? I don't think so. It is a multiplat game. The only thing they could say was that the 360 version just wasnt working out and ran into problems.

Some multiplat games that were for the 360 and PS3 went 360 exclusive later because of problems.

However if MS had a contract with Konami and they still try to reannounce it then i think they can be sued then. They can't just back out of it.

Now, like i said i think none of this will happen. And i hope your question was a serious one and not of one to have hope the PS3 will claim this game, because that won't happen. MGS has moved on like most 3rd party have.

yeah it was a serious one,i wanted to know if MS cud harm Konami for it

Garnett said:

Did I miss something here? To my knowledge Gran Turismo is still exclusive =\

OP: Well it could happen, will it? no

Garnett said:

Final Fantasy has been multiplatform for a year now :)

OT: It happened (The Last Remnant and Haze), but really, never count on that to happen to any game.