By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I've figured out how to use the MS Natal for FPS games

Makepeacefox said:
scottie said:

Movement is controlled through the camera. Running, ducking, diving

Shooting would be controlled through the microphone. To shoot, the player merely has to say "Pew pew pew"

Rocket launchers could be controlled with the player yelling out "BOOM!"

None of this moving your feet in racing games to accelerate/brake. Just make the sound effects and it'll do it

:D

Do you mean you'd have to run towards the camera (and screen) to run forwards? What would  you do when you reached the screen if you still wanted to move forwards? How about if you moved to the left and then wanted to move forwards. Wouldn't you have to move back to the right first to be in front of the camera? I'm confused!

No, you would just use your index and middle finger as legs and and making walking motions in the direction you want to go.  Maybe do a little dance as well.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network

I think leaning forward makes you go forward?

I'd try to combine the xbox 360 controller and the camera. Controller would work as always, but you could change your weapons talking: shotgun, machinegun etc. If you are commanding a squad you could give simple orders to them or do simple movements with your hands, Rainbow six style to order them. Other uses could be using lockpicks, breaking doors (or whatever) kicking them, using numeric pads or keyboards virtually... I think the possibilities are endless if the technology works fine enough and can be combined with a controller.

CrashMan said:
Makepeacefox said:
scottie said:

Movement is controlled through the camera. Running, ducking, diving

Shooting would be controlled through the microphone. To shoot, the player merely has to say "Pew pew pew"

Rocket launchers could be controlled with the player yelling out "BOOM!"

None of this moving your feet in racing games to accelerate/brake. Just make the sound effects and it'll do it

:D

Do you mean you'd have to run towards the camera (and screen) to run forwards? What would  you do when you reached the screen if you still wanted to move forwards? How about if you moved to the left and then wanted to move forwards. Wouldn't you have to move back to the right first to be in front of the camera? I'm confused!

No, you would just use your index and middle finger as legs and and making walking motions in the direction you want to go.  Maybe do a little dance as well.

Hahaha - what a great image ;D

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 3308-4850-9342 / STEAM ID: makepeacefox

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

"Watchmen" is far better than The Dark Knight / Why does no-one own this wonderful game: Fragile Allegiance? / Speak (Type) Italian to me!

Disloyal member of the LFGM

d21lewis said:
I think leaning forward makes you go forward?

Perhaps, but what if you want to lean forwards in game?

Maybe it would be better to combine it with a treadmill - you could walk forwards but stay in the same place! Good for fitness too...

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 3308-4850-9342 / STEAM ID: makepeacefox

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

"Watchmen" is far better than The Dark Knight / Why does no-one own this wonderful game: Fragile Allegiance? / Speak (Type) Italian to me!

Disloyal member of the LFGM

Around the Network

Hey, Natal usability improves at an astonishing rate, I just figured out how to ride horses with it:

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!