By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Microsoft DIDNT tell you about Facebook/Twitter add-ons

PSN offers everything and alot more than XBL due to the Net surfing, Its a well overlooked fact and i dont understand why it gets overlooked.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Around the Network

That cool. Everyone should hook their PC to their TV.

The Web browser sucks compared to a PC browser. I could boot up my laptop and log on to VG charts before I could even load up the VG charts website on the PS3. Besides I have a web browser on my Xbox 360 though I never use it. If you must ask I can use the windows media center extender with a browser plugin.

My Wii can do those things too. It's a nice when you want to watch youtube videos with other people.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

kiefer23 said:
The Web browser sucks compared to a PC browser. I could boot up my laptop and log on to VG charts before I could even load up the VG charts website on the PS3. Besides I have a web browser on my Xbox 360 though I never use it. If you must ask I can use the windows media center extender with a browser plugin.

Dude 360 doesnt have a Web Browser...In any way shape or form...at all lol

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Around the Network

There is a difference between Microsoft creating a custom application for Twitter and Facebook, and Sony having a second rate web browser that can access them. It's the same reason as to why even though the new phones have web browsers, they still create custom apps to access certain websites. They function better that way, because they are functioning for the device in hand, not merely emulating the experience another device provides better.

To blow your argument apart, if the web browser does Facebook so well, then why did John Koller of Sony say in early April that they were looking to integrate the social networking sites into the PS3? In fact it sounds like they have the exact same plans that Microsoft just announced.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Ssliasil said:
kiefer23 said:

Dude 360 doesnt have a Web Browser...In any way shape or form...at all lol

It's somewhat of a hack.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Can you log in to your social network accounts? In my PS3 browser, I can't log in to N4G, and it's very slow surfing the net with it.

Mirson said:
Can you log in to your social network accounts? In my PS3 browser, I can't log in to N4G, and it's very slow surfing the net with it.

Yeah i've had no prob's entering Myspace or Facebook, i dont use N4G so i cant help ya there.

The only thing i have trouble with is MSN hotmail lol

(I wonder why hmm) :P

don't hate onyx :p

The op is right though. With the webbrowser you can access whatever.. and it isn't the memory sucking black hole it used to be. It functions pretty well now.

Regardless... Integrating it is a pretty neat idea.. though for sites like that i like to use my laptop.

Check out my game about moles ^