By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kojima not thrilled with the prospect of MGS:R

Microsoft's E3 press conference has just ended, with the shocking revelation that the Metal Gear Solid franchise would be finally making it's way to the XBox 360 with the spin-off title, Metal Gear Solid: Rising.  While the game was not announced for the PS3, all signs seem to be pointing to the game making it's way their as well.

So what does the creative mind behind the franchise, Hideo Kojima, think about the latest title?  Filling in the blanks from the recent Famitsu interview with the new information from Microsoft's conference, he doesn't exactly seem to thrilled with the direction the series is going with the latest title.

Kojima: This "R", is Metal Gear Solid: Rising(Originally:  This "R", is xxxxxxxxxx)
Hamamura: Ahahahaha.
Kojima: I won't say "please release this", but if it's going to be released I guess there's nothing I can do.
Hamamura: So you don't know at this point?
Kojima: Well It's not that I don't know, hahaha.
Hamamura: Ah, then you DO know.
Kojima, Well, I don't know, hahaha.
Hamamura: Which one is it, hahahaha. Even with that, this is going to make a big impact on people when this is announced.

Speak for yourself, Kojima!  Any Metal Gear is good Metal Gear as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.ps3center.net/news/3107/kojima-not-thrilled-with-the-prospect-of-mgsr/

Sorry if this was already posted, I couldn't find it anywhere.

Around the Network

If Kojima isnt thrilled about it, neither am I

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

I have no idea what is going on in that interview. Seems they were sitting in dentist chairs sucking nitrous oxide during the chat.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

infamous8 said:
If Kojima isnt thrilled about it, neither am I

You don't say.....

Kojima never seems to be thrilled about his games nowadays lol

It will still be a good game nevertheless.

Around the Network

what is that even saying, didnt really make sense.

is he even working on this project?

but he didn't have a problem with going on stage at the microsoft conference and telling us to expect great things. I don't get it.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

johnsobas said:
but he didn't have a problem with going on stage at the microsoft conference and telling us to expect great things. I don't get it.

his game essentially so if he did not do this someone might think him and konami are splitting thus taking MGS / ZOE with him and then konami goes byebye

Maybe hes suffering from "Akira Toriyama DBZ syndrom" where he hates his own creation but is forced to keep making it because everybody loves it.