By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Videogame fans rating E3 press conferences cracks me up.

I am starting to laugh at people giving Nintendo, Ubisoft, EA, and so on, ratings from 1-10 on how entertaining their press conferences are.  Like Ubisoft is being bashed for a 0 out of 10, because they TALK TOO MUCH, at a PRESS CONFERENCE.  Seriously people?  I don't think Ubisoft is trying to entertain you.  They are trying to inform the industry as to what is going on, placate investors, give buyers of games something to get excited about, and show the industry they are a leader, and raking in the cash.   Apparently, videogame fans go along for a free ride here, and

What can you say about an industry where TONS of cash is made from teenage girls, and also people looking to lose weight, and Ubisoft trying to make money off this?  Are they supposed to not cater to this group, and not tell the industry what they have coming out that is expected to generate MILLIONS of dollars in new revenue?

Anyhow, I am finding the rating of these press conferences to generate a chuckle in myself.  Seriously people, they aren't asking you to watch.  And flipping hey, we are talking UBISOFT here.  Sheesh.  UBISOFT.  They have a few products you like, but come on, they also make the Imagine line and pander to casual players with the Wabbits offshot of Rayman, or however they are spelled.

Around the Network

This is typical, E3-grade overexpectations. People expect the moon, instead are delivered a steaming hot plate of reality, and get pissed off.

It is nerd rage at its most pitiful display, part of the mythology that surrounds E3.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Uh, wouldn't big events like E3 be there to show the consumers what they have in store which would mean they want you to watch it since that also helps build interest for their products?

I mean, it's not like companies have stuff like annual reports for the nitti gritty investor information. However, I'd say the point would be the generate consumer interest for their company where the investors take note.

Mr Khan said:

This is typical, E3-grade overexpectations. People expect the moon, instead are delivered a steaming hot plate of reality, and get pissed off.

It is nerd rage at its most pitiful display, part of the mythology that surrounds E3.

Lol.  That is the goal of Ubisoft's new Rabbids Go Home game.  You have to get to the moon.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)