By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - E3 09: Milo VIDEO

From the video, it looks just amazing. I would have loved it though if it would have been shown live.

Also, a lot of people will have psychological issues with this I predict :P

Around the Network

It's cool tech, but there's no such thing as AI that can handle the Turing test, or a natural language interpreter that works, sorry Lionhead :) It's a glimpse into the future though, and the user interface itself has some potential.

I think the technology involved is amazing, and this is a cool concept and everything... but I would never ever do this. There's just something about talking/playing with a virtual "friend" that would make me feel a bit.. lonely? Nerdy? I don't know.

This is mind blowing! O_O'

I think pedofiles will play this, which is good because they won't be playing with real boys or it might be bad because it will train them to interact will little boys. I know what game is on the top of Michael Jackson's list.

Around the Network

For those that were wondering, this project has been in development for 4 - 5 years and the concept of it existed well before Microsoft decided to make a motion sensing addon.

Good news Everyone!

I've invented a device which makes you read this in your head, in my voice!

Isn't it messed up that the first thing that comes into people's mind is either "I wonderz ifs I can has killz him?" or "PEDOBEAR!!!"...

Don't you guys think about how amazing this is instead? I wish I could be a person to test this, it's really awesome!

Wow, they didn't disappoint...my mind is blown!

Its amazing tech yes... but... albeit a bit freaking creepy nonetheless... hehe uncanny valley anyone?
How badass would it be if they actually manage to achieve true AI (which they wont).
Then again this is coming from a person who wont be 100% happy with gaming until they come up with true virtual reality where they input your thoughts and mind into a game, kinda like .hack/ haha NOW THAT will be awesome.

Some people have such myopic freaking frames of mind...

Milo is a technical display of what the tech can do...just imagine using this is RPG like Mass effect for example. During the non-combat phases, you could have this for interaction with NPCs...in asking questions and information exchanges. Instead of the radial dial of choices, you'd have more freedom to create a more interactive experience. As a gamer, you can be an idiot and ask stupid questions, but then you'd screw up the info exchange...the potential is amazing, and all some of clownish posting can talk about is how it's "just like eyetoy..." or how it's not for hardcore gaming...just simply stupid!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder