By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Meet ( Left 4 Dead 2's ) New Survivors, See First Screens

Meet Left 4 Dead 2's New Survivors, See First Screens

Valve is turning a sequel around in record Valve time, announcing today that Left 4 Dead 2 will be hitting the Xbox 360 and PC later this year. Meet the new zombie apocalypse Survivors.

Since Left 4 Dead 2 takes place roughly at the same time as the events of the original and far away in the Southern United States, we're going to be playing with four all new non-infected humans. And they'll go toe-to-toe with some infected hordes at "The Parish," apparently, as the first campaign from Left 4 Dead 2 is revealed with a familiar looking poster.

The games spans locations from Savannah, Georgia to bayou country, and climaxing in New Orleans' French Quarter, which means escape by steamboat sounds inevitable. Expect a little more variety this time round, as Valve has added new melee weapons and expanded the AI Director, allowing for dynamic weather effects, changing level layouts and zombie infestations that actually take place during daylight.

Also promised? Left 4 Dead 2 features "more co-operative campaigns, more campaigns and maps for the Versus game modes than L4D 1, plus support for Survival mode out of the box." See three new screens of Left 4 Dead 2 in action in the gallery.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

The parish? It better not be in a real church =p;

I'm gonna miss changing my Steam ID to Samuel L. Jackson and playing as Louis online :(

OMG A CHAINSAW!!!!!! How original. As if that hasnt been done in Dead Rising, Gears of War, and Resident Evil 5 already.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

I like the guy on the left. He screams Southern Gentleman.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Around the Network

The third guy reminds me of the fat dad of 'fresh prince of bel air'.