By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What can NINTENDO do to win E3 now & is Wii Dead?

omg that's just...... you sure next page will fix this? lol, isn't this a bug?

Around the Network

bump

EDIT: yay, got to new page. Whatever you did last time, DON'T DO IT!

I'll help!

I didn't do anything lol, it just happened, I blame the dood with the sheep icon

axumblade said:

I wouldn't assume that there would be great quality behind the Wii camera as there would be behind microsofts. The most interesting thing was the interactivity between the game and the person through Natal at the Microsoft conference. Also flipping through menus without the use of a controller was a really cool feature as well. While I think that the Ubisoft camera might be interesting, I wouldn't exactly say that it's going to have nearly the innovations that Natal has...

THe physical layer of tech is the same, its all data response/what to look for that makes the Natal so innovative. Once you have a motion sensing camera, it just needs to know what to look for, aka a program to tell it what gesture do what and to send it in. Its I/O 101.

In the end, as said before, this takes the market that MS is aiming for (casual) away. Especially with the Wii camera coming sooner, it will make it look like the MS camera was an afterthought to the casuals.

MS should have fine tuned this tech for their next gen system instead of try to cash in on casual gaming. The 360 simply isn't a casual system, nor has anything to get the attention of the casual market

Around the Network

I would only expect Millenia to pull such shenanigans

@axumblade

innovation is not the right word for it, natal might have more impressive tech behind it, or maybe the ubisoft one is just as good, I'm sure either way, consumers don't really give a damn, but cameras have been done before.

axumblade said:
Dazkarieh said:
axumblade said:
bardicverse said:
axumblade said:
Incubi said:
So much for NATAL

Looks like Wii Motion Camera will be available this fall allready packaged with some Fitness game from Ubi Soft. Prolly will sell truckloads.

Meh. It's a Ubisoft camera. Not a Wii camera to my knowledge. Meaning that if Ubisoft owns the rights to it, I'd expect Imagine, Rabbids and Red Steel games to utilize it but not so much anything else. Maybe Nintendo titles.

The technology behind it is the same as NATAL, so pretty much what can be used on Natal can be used on the Ubisoft camera.

Ultimately, this pretty much gives Wii owners the same tech that MS was hoping to lure them over to the 360 with.

I wouldn't assume that there would be great quality behind the Wii camera as there would be behind microsofts. The most interesting thing was the interactivity between the game and the person through Natal at the Microsoft conference. Also flipping through menus without the use of a controller was a really cool feature as well. While I think that the Ubisoft camera might be interesting, I wouldn't exactly say that it's going to have nearly the innovations that Natal has...

So... Natal is good because it flips menus?? Come on... that's software. The interpretation of movements. I don't want Natal for that. Damn... I don't eben know what's Natal for!! (neither anyone else). At least Ubi launchs it with a purpose (that I honestly don't want, but understand).

Now... if you tell me Natal is to flip menus ok... I'm clarified and decided that I don't want it.

I was saying that the menu thing was pretty cool. Did any of you guys even watch the Microsoft conference? I'm referring to the interactivity with Milo. I don't know if the Wii is capable of handling it. I'm not trying to be rude about it but it's just my honest feeling on the matter. The kid looks like a real boy and acts like a real boy. He honestly is creepy in my opinion.

that's just lionhead freaking us out as usual, it's not that impressive =P.

axumblade said:

I was saying that the menu thing was pretty cool. Did any of you guys even watch the Microsoft conference? I'm referring to the interactivity with Milo. I don't know if the Wii is capable of handling it. I'm not trying to be rude about it but it's just my honest feeling on the matter. The kid looks like a real boy and acts like a real boy. He honestly is creepy in my opinion.

It's creepy, insane, and stupid. My opinion about.

An of course I watched... and liked until Milo. But I didn't understand the buzz arround a camera. Because it is a camera!! If someone codes a Milo for the Wii (of course Nintendo would never allow it), it would do the same!

you realize voice recognition is done through software right? it's not that the piece of hardware can listen to what you say, it's just a software on the 360 doing the work, it's just a mic, now, the tech of the capture is not bad, but to the consumers, it won't make a real difference because most people don't know how these things work, they just know, camera, mic, yay.