By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kojima is a Sony fanboy + Why MGS main series will not be on 360

Khuutra said:
ssj12 said:

do you really want to include the original Metal Gear.. that story and game was horrid. Even Kojima turns his blind eye to its existance.

For gamers the series started as MGS. Yes there are alternative stories like Acid but any alternative or new stories should include an added letter following MG to stay consistant.

No. Wrong.

Kojima has expressed multiple times that he finds "Metal Gear Solid" to be an albatross around his neck: he wanted to make more Metal Gear, not Metal Gear Solid 2, which is a big part of why that game flipped the bird to fans so many times. Metal Gear Solid was just one part of the Metal Gear saga, it just spiraled out of control due to fan and corporate pressures to continue the story under that moniker.

Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Rising are equivalent. One is not greater than the other, it's just needlessly longer. They are both subservient to the Metal Gear franchise.

Well put.

That makes me wonder, will Metal Gear Rising become a new series?

Around the Network
infamous8 said:
MS lost Ninja Gaiden, Lost Planet, BioShock, Fallout 3 DLC...

Ms PAID for those to be timed exclusives. Sony never paid for any of those games you listed to be exclusives.

IIRC MS even paid Tecmo to develop Ninja Gaiden as well as have it as a timed exclusive. Hence, MS paid for a game to be made that later came out on the Ps3. LOL!

Lost planet was lost??? Exactly when was this?

Where do you get that MS paid for timed exclusives, I've never seen confirmation of this, just people making assumptions.

The fact that titles like MGS, Tekken, FF etc will be released on the ps3 do not change the fact that sony has lost assets this gen.

All these titles were former exclusives, meaning titles UNIQUE to the ps3 or sony in general. These games were drawing'selling points. Only available on one console. If you wanted to play the game, you needed to purchase a sony console.

Now you don't have to. As they are also available elsewhere. These former exclusives no longer are a reason to purchase a sony console over blank console. Sony lost assets, they lost reasons for consumers to spend their cash on their product.

Khuutra said:
ssj12 said:

do you really want to include the original Metal Gear.. that story and game was horrid. Even Kojima turns his blind eye to its existance.

For gamers the series started as MGS. Yes there are alternative stories like Acid but any alternative or new stories should include an added letter following MG to stay consistant.

No. Wrong.

Kojima has expressed multiple times that he finds "Metal Gear Solid" to be an albatross around his neck: he wanted to make more Metal Gear, not Metal Gear Solid 2, which is a big part of why that game flipped the bird to fans so many times. Metal Gear Solid was just one part of the Metal Gear saga, it just spiraled out of control due to fan and corporate pressures to continue the story under that moniker.

Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Rising are equivalent. One is not greater than the other, it's just needlessly longer. They are both subservient to the Metal Gear franchise.

oh well, at least this thread proves out I'm not a Sony fan otherwise I'd care a bit more.

Still I knew Kojima hated continuing MGS. He kept doing his whole "This is the last game" speech. I know he hated the original games that came before he took the reigns of the MG franchise as a whole. Because of this many gamers don't consider the original NES games as much more than random titles before the good times.

I just wonder if MG Rising will suffer the same fate of Solid and get a 2, 3, and 4 or will it fill in the gaps in the story on where he was during points in the MGS story arch.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Thechalkblock said:
Khuutra said:
ssj12 said:

No. Wrong.

Well put.

I'm fairly sure Raiden is the continuation of the series. Everyone saw it coming after playing MGS4 anyways. Snake's story is done with. They beat the retirement line to death throughout the last game, and it seems legit. Kojima made Snake a less and less engrossing character. Frankly I can't stand another game with Solid Snake as a silent, coughing and wheezing old man that can't find the strength to question orders any longer. He was entirely complacent. I'm not a big fan of Raiden either, but someone with some personality needs to continue the series as the main character if they feel they can't kill the franchise off. Better Raiden than Snake at this point.

If it were up to me though, I'd make the next Metal Gear star Drebin as a gun laundering world traveler that must stealthily drive his vehicle within range of Solid Snake as Snake beats the B&B Corps so he can deliver a well timed Codec message that lets Snake know of their origins. Also there would be a side game where you play as the monkey and try to swindle cigarettes and colas off people.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Thechalkblock said:
Khuutra said:
ssj12 said:

No. Wrong.

Well put.

Actually, that makes complete sense. For a while now Metal Gear Rising will be the continuing of the metal gear universe and all main storyline games will carry this moniker. It'll be MGR, MGR2: blank title, MGR3, etc. MGS will be rendered obsolete and retired into the pantheon of the greatest series(plural) video games offer.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:

oh well, at least this thread proves out I'm not a Sony fan otherwise I'd care a bit more.

Still I knew Kojima hated continuing MGS. He kept doing his whole "This is the last game" speech. I know he hated the original games that came before he took the reigns of the MG franchise as a whole. Because of this many gamers don't consider the original NES games as much more than random titles before the good times.

I just wonder if MG Rising will suffer the same fate of Solid and get a 2, 3, and 4 or will it fill in the gaps in the story on where he was during points in the MGS story arch.

Well, we can hope it doesn't end like that.

What's interesting is that MGS4 goes through all this stuff, but it ends at the same spot as MGS1:

Snake is going to die, Otacon's alive, Liquid is dead, Ocelot is gone, Big Boss is a corpse, the characters from MGS3 might as well not exist, and the Metal Gear threat has been wiped out forever.

It's hilarious that I just thought of it that way. MGS4 was jsut an attempt to bring the story back to the same note that MGS1 ended on without anyone noticing.

Onyxmeth said:
ssj12 said:

1. the caption in the title clearly states "lightning bolt action"

2. There really isn't anyway to tell. Keeping the title MGS though makes you believe it is. Otherwise it would be MGR or something like Metal Gear Acid is for the PSP.

3. I played them a bit.. just not enough to say. But I did watch them being beat. Plus i read the entire MGS Database minus MGS4's parts.

This may come as a shocker, but the old tag line "Tactical Espionage Action" doesn't mean stealth gameplay either. It doesn't mean anything actually, same as "Lightning Bolt Action". It's just a quirky tag line. Don't get me wrong, I'm fairly sure MGS: Rising will play considerably different from previous MGS games. Raiden has a more advanced stealth suit on, is far more agile than Snake is, and has two swords as primary weapons. However, there's nothing to say this doesn't just mean we're going more into Tenchu territory with this game and not necessarily Devil May Cry territory.

I just thought of this.

Resident Evil 5. It's more of an action game and less of a suvivor horror game. It also doesn't have the same lead character as RE4. Would you say it's not a main RE game?

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Makes me wonder why the game is called "metal gear solid: rising" if the mgs series is finished? shouldn't it have been announced as "metal gear: rising" or something?

Doesn't really matter at this point... MGS4 on the 360 wouldn't have sold that well... the only reason why Microsoft fanboys wanted it to come to 360 was so they could say that the PS3's #1 exclusive was no longer exclusive.

There's such a ridiculous amount of games coming out for 360/PS3 the second half of the year that MGS4 would have been swept away by the flood of titles anyway. Besides... MGS4 is soooooo 2008! It would be like putting Halo 3 on the PS3... no one would give a shit except for Sony fanboys who wouldn't buy it anyway because they have taken an oath to Sony that they will bash anything and everything Halo-related!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

infamous8 should be on Best Day Ever, on VH1, for this awesome thread.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence