By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kojima is a Sony fanboy + Why MGS main series will not be on 360

Onyxmeth said:
ssj12 said:

I've watched some friends beat the games... so I have kowledge of. And yes I sat there and watched for like 10 hours straight for each game till they beat them. I just haven't seen MGS2 for ages.

And I though Young Snke = Solid Snake in a younger form or was he just another clone of Big Boss.

So now that you recall MGS2, you realize your point has no bite, correct? MGS: Rising could very well be the next main title in the MGS storyline.

If by Young Snake, you mean the main character of MGS3, that is Naked Snake, and that is the man that would become Big Boss.

Well it is no longer a stealth game like the main franchise. Plus the mian franchise it would be MGS5: Rising. I think this is a side-story to fill in some gaps in the main MGS story.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
Onyxmeth said:
ssj12 said:

I've watched some friends beat the games... so I have kowledge of. And yes I sat there and watched for like 10 hours straight for each game till they beat them. I just haven't seen MGS2 for ages.

And I though Young Snke = Solid Snake in a younger form or was he just another clone of Big Boss.

So now that you recall MGS2, you realize your point has no bite, correct? MGS: Rising could very well be the next main title in the MGS storyline.

If by Young Snake, you mean the main character of MGS3, that is Naked Snake, and that is the man that would become Big Boss.

Well it is no longer a stealth game like the main franchise. Plus the mian franchise it would be MGS5: Rising. I think this is a side-story to fill in some gaps in the main MGS story.

1. how do you know it is no longer a stealth game like the main franchise?

2. What if there is no MGS5 and Kojima intend to continue the MGS series with Raiden's story?

3. If you never played MGS games and know the whole story, how can you tell if it's a side story or not?

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

This MGS stuff has generated a good buzz.

ssj12 said:
Onyxmeth said:
ssj12 said:

That's mere speculation. You have no idea what this game is going to play like. No one outside of Konami does.

It doesn't have to have a 5 in the title to be canon. Portable Ops is a real MGS title and has no number in it at all. Also I give you Call of Duty: World at War and Modern Warfare 2, neither of which got the title of 5. Names change and sometimes numbers get thrown out the window. Or not. Maybe it is a spin-off, but your reasoning is weak.

If the game is being made to fill in gaps in the storyline, then it is in fact part of that storyline, making it part of the main series. What do you think MGS3 was? MGS4? It filled in gaps in the storyline right?

I get the line of thinking that Raiden being the feature character would mean spin-off, and normally I would agree with this line of thinking, but if this is spin-off then so is MGS2. There's no other way around it. MGS2 had Raiden playable for 90% of the game, and the entire story and emotional center of the game revolved around him. Snake was nothing but a side character in the game that you worked with.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

saicho said:
ssj12 said:
Onyxmeth said:
ssj12 said:

1. how do you know it is no longer a stealth game like the main franchise?

2. What if there is no MGS5 and Kojima intend to continue the MGS series with Raiden's story?

3. If you never played MGS games and know the whole story, how can you tell if it's a side story or not?

1. the caption in the title clearly states "lightning bolt action"

2. There really isn't anyway to tell. Keeping the title MGS though makes you believe it is. Otherwise it would be MGR or something like Metal Gear Acid is for the PSP.

3. I played them a bit.. just not enough to say. But I did watch them being beat. Plus i read the entire MGS Database minus MGS4's parts.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
Onyxmeth said:
ssj12 said:

You cut that out.

There is no more Metal Gear Solid.

The series is Metal Gear. Metal Gear Solid was just a story arc. Now it's over.

The next Metal Gear is Metal Gear Rising.

This is not complicated.

@infamous8

A strong word of caution be you troll or lunatic you will have to eat this crow. You might think this is just going to blow over, but that is simply not the case. This thread is being saved, copy/pasted, and fed through the mail. Your not going to walk away from this, and either troll or lunatic it just doesn't pay off either way. You will no longer be able to get a rise out of people, and nobody will ever take you seriously again. You will be the house joke, and you will be lucky if people spare the time to make fun of you. At best you will be treated like a pet retard.

Remember when I said balls of steel. I really meant that, because it wasn't just your stupidity on the line. No you were standing up to be the fall guy for every dumb air head who basically wrote what you just wrote for the last two years. You were going to take crap for what you said, and what they said. Unfortunately for you people really hate those fuckers, and they have wanted to denigrate them for years. Now they get a proxy to do it through. They aren't going to stop, and you really cannot fight back without getting banned. Oh they wouldn't be allowed to do it if you had ate the crow, but seeing as you didn't then your just asking for the ridicule.

Trust me the sooner you eat the crow the better, because this shit just festers, and I have seen them do this before. Oh no it won't stop, and even if you want to wait it out. Do you really want to be a non person for four or five months. You will either get marginalized, or your going to snap and get permanently banned. I honestly doubt you could emotionally haandle either. Either way I see you getting misty troll or not.

Bottom line just eat your fucking crow. You knew what you were getting into. Drag this shit out and they are going to make you pay for it. What good is being looked upon as a retard pet. You cannot do anything, and everyone just humors you. What good is being a dog. Oh and I am going to copy this thread too, and I will use it to totally discredit you. You didn't even leave a way out for yourself. Even you attempt at technicality fails.

For the record Grand Theft Auto IV is the most highly acclaimed. I am not even sure that Metal Gear Solid could even be in the top five this generation. Further more Solid is a spin off, and not a main series. Sad though it is both this new game and four are merely two spin off titles in the franchise. So your technical defense falls apart. It isn't the Solid that is important it is the Metal Gear thing. So all you got in the end is two metal gear games.

Khuutra said:
ssj12 said:
Onyxmeth said:
ssj12 said:

You cut that out.

There is no more Metal Gear Solid.

The series is Metal Gear. Metal Gear Solid was just a story arc. Now it's over.

The next Metal Gear is Metal Gear Rising.

This is not complicated.

do you really want to include the original Metal Gear.. that story and game was horrid. Even Kojima turns his blind eye to its existance.

For gamers the series started as MGS. Yes there are alternative stories like Acid but any alternative or new stories should include an added letter following MG to stay consistant.

ssj12 said:

1. the caption in the title clearly states "lightning bolt action"

2. There really isn't anyway to tell. Keeping the title MGS though makes you believe it is. Otherwise it would be MGR or something like Metal Gear Acid is for the PSP.

3. I played them a bit.. just not enough to say. But I did watch them being beat. Plus i read the entire MGS Database minus MGS4's parts.

This may come as a shocker, but the old tag line "Tactical Espionage Action" doesn't mean stealth gameplay either. It doesn't mean anything actually, same as "Lightning Bolt Action". It's just a quirky tag line. Don't get me wrong, I'm fairly sure MGS: Rising will play considerably different from previous MGS games. Raiden has a more advanced stealth suit on, is far more agile than Snake is, and has two swords as primary weapons. However, there's nothing to say this doesn't just mean we're going more into Tenchu territory with this game and not necessarily Devil May Cry territory.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

ssj12 said:

do you really want to include the original Metal Gear.. that story and game was horrid. Even Kojima turns his blind eye to its existance.

For gamers the series started as MGS. Yes there are alternative stories like Acid but any alternative or new stories should include an added letter following MG to stay consistant.

No. Wrong.

Kojima has expressed multiple times that he finds "Metal Gear Solid" to be an albatross around his neck: he wanted to make more Metal Gear, not Metal Gear Solid 2, which is a big part of why that game flipped the bird to fans so many times. Metal Gear Solid was just one part of the Metal Gear saga, it just spiraled out of control due to fan and corporate pressures to continue the story under that moniker.

Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Rising are equivalent. One is not greater than the other, it's just needlessly longer. They are both subservient to the Metal Gear franchise.