By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Another inFamous impressions thread.

Ive almost, i think(?), finished the game. Atleast the story is starting to head towards a possible ending.

I love the story. I dont know why some have a problem with it, i thought the development of the main story was awesome. And specially when they make you chose to go evil or good, - spolier - and the one where you have to choose between saving your girlfriend, and the 6 doctors - end spolier - was pure comic book awesomeness! Atleast if you fully commit to your choice of being good or evil. The story missions dont feel repetetive at all, and there's a great change up in enemies and the level of difficulty. You also have to love the cutscenes and the way the story is being told. Great choice in telling the story like that, and it surely adds to that dark feeling of chaos and destruction.

The sidemissions were good. I actually wanted to finish them off, unlike the ones in GTA. They kept it easy and fun. Ive completed the two islands 100% and im at 75% on the third island. I think they are mixed up good with fun things to do or explore. The only ones i dont like is the counter surveillance missions, which can be quite boring.

Its easy to get across the city, even though theres no real transportation. With all the power cables and train tracks you can ride, you creat some really good parkour type movement while dashing through the city.

The replay value is quite good as far as you playing both sides of the karma meter. Unlocking different powers and upgrading them by spending exp.points. The sidemissions also add to that replay value, if your not like me and finish them off as you go about the main story. Theres also alot of collectables that adds to the story, blast shards and collecting intel from the satelites (forgot the name for it). Theres also a thing called stunts, where you have to do a certain combo or kill someone in a certain way, which adds exp.points every time you finsih a mission, and im guessing doing them all gets you a trophy. (Havent looke at the trophies since i dont want any spoilers yet. Im a play as evil next playthrough and focus on mayhem and collecting the trophies).

Graphics wise theres alot of pop ups or whatever you call em, but it dosent effect me or the gaming experience in any way, but i think Sucker Punch could have focused some more on those to give it mor of a crisp look. But graphics when it comes to hights are spectacular, at one mission you're litteraly at hights along the ones of Empire State Building and so forth, and it really gives you a true endorfin rush when you finally power slam the ground from those kind of hights. But i havent experienced any framedrop, like some ones have said. There's some really action packed "boss fights" that makes you unleash hell on your foes, but like i said, havent really seen any drop in framrate.

There's some gliches when you're climbing around, some invisible walls at some point. But for the average player that dont go around pretending he is spiderman like me, they probable wont even notice.

I first gave this game a 8.3ish score. But after nearly finishing the game, im leaning towards a solid 9.0. I dont think anyone who likes these kinds of games will be dissapointed.

The end!

Around the Network

Respect Maffka +1 = I will wait for this to drop in price keep it real!

<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/gears2goty/omar7700.swf" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

amazing game. Check my impressions as well if you've played through with Evil Karma.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

I just finished the game on Good. And the story of this game is F*UCKING EPIC!! The ending gave me chills! Im just going to write this down then im heading straight back to play the evil side. Oh my freaking god! EPIC!

And if the evil side dosent suck big time.. this game is a rock solid 9/10 in my book!

I thought it was a great game, I'll start my evil playthrough in a few days

Around the Network

Oh, I love the ending! This game has such a good story, I'm gonna play through as a good guy again. Right now though, I'm playing as a bad guy and I love how everything is a bit different. Sucker Punch did an amazing job with this game.