By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass effect 2 or FFXIII who will win?

Hi all question,mass effect 2 or final fantasy xiii which one will have the best opening sales? i know they are two of the biggest guns(rpgs)around but i think mass effect 2 will give ffxiii a run for it,s money and end up the winner in first day/week american sales. i await your remarks even the smug ones peace.

Don,t be Fanboys,Be Gamefans,Play games 4ever...GAME ON(msn)

Around the Network

Final Fantasy 13 will beat Mass Effect in all 3 territories, both first week and lifetime. The first Mass Effect sold well, but it wasn't anywhere near as big as Final Fantasy.

America: FF13

Worldwide:FF13

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Saleswise it's not even a contest, Final Fantasy will win hands down. If you want to look at NA only, and just the sales of the 360 version of 13 then it will be closer, but I still don't think ME has a chance.

In terms of which will be the better game, I have more hope for ME2 by a significant margin.

Make it NA only on 360 only and we have a discussion. The way you put it is not a contest - there will be more japanese standing in line for XIII on the launch date than people worldwide buying Mass Effect 2 at full price overall.

Around the Network

Think for a second. How long has FF been around and how long Mass Effect?

Only chance that Mass Effect 2 has of doing something would be on the 360 only, in North America. Japan is locked for FF13. Even if the PS3 were to get Mass Effect 2, it wouldn't matter.

nojustno said:
Think for a second. How long has FF been around and how long Mass Effect?

There is a reason to why so little franchises that originated 15 or more years ago still exist and remain popular up to this day. The older the series the harder it is for it to remain popular, not the other way around.

FF13 JUST ps3 sales will.

JRPG > WRPG IMO!.

you must admit the hype for mass effect 2 is building,those litte butterflies in my stomach are starting to bust out of their cocoons with excitment for more trailers and screens of mass effect 2,what about any of you guys?and i did mention i meant american sales of the games and not worldwide.the sales for ffxiii in japan alone will eclipse mass effect 2 and any other game for that matter.

Don,t be Fanboys,Be Gamefans,Play games 4ever...GAME ON(msn)