By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Unreal Tournament 3 FREE on Steam this weekend only

On the topic of free stuff on Steam, Unreal Tournament 3 is available for free on Steam right now. This goes through the rest of the weekend.

I was incredibly confused, myself, when suddenly, Unreal Tournament 3 showed up on my games list. I thought maybe it was a free demo, like Valve did for L4D a few weeks ago (you could play the full game of L4D over the weekend for free, but it went away after the weekend).

But, by what I can tell at the moment, this is actually an offer to PERMANENTLY obtain the ENTIRE GAME, good for this entire weekend. Let me know if I'm wrong, because I really think I must be.

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/1876/Unreal_Tournament_Black_Free_on_Steam_this_Weekend.html

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Holy **** really?

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Link fixed. Not sure how it got goofed up like that.

SW-5120-1900-6153

It's not just like... a free weekend like TF2 had? Where it's free for the weekend?

I don't know about this one. Original UT99 is still have more online players than lastest UT3, let alone UT2003 and UT2K4

Around the Network

Are you sure it is permanent?  It doesn't seem like it.  I don't really want to download 8GB for just 1.9 days of a game I already have.

bah, wtf is this, obviously you can play it for free during the weekend, and the price is $9.99 for the weekend too.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

UT3 is currently 50% Off. The free weekend is for those who want to try UT3, and hopefully buy it if they enjoyed the experience.

shio said:
UT3 is currently 50% Off. The free weekend is for those who want to try UT3, and hopefully buy it if they enjoyed the experience.

Yeah, i'll be giving it a go, though honestly TF2 keeps me plenty covered when it comes to multiplayer FPS.

This is a good deal. Although UT04 is better, this ain't half bad.