By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - any dota players?

if you don't know what dota stands for this probably isn't the thread to be posting in.

I'm a pretty hardcore dota player, don't play in clans or anything but me and my friends like to get together and play online.  I have to admit it's a blast to play with friends, and i really love to be the:

faceless void

geomancer

centaur

keeper of the light

also that new character puck is too powerful.

anyway, i'd like to start some discussion here about dota.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

Havn't played for 3 months. Got a job, ran out of time.

And Yes, Battlefuries stack! I have no idea how many people ignore that fact.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

I know what it stands for, but I've never played it...(or even seen it...)

battle fury stacks? so with 2 of them you get 70% cleaving attack?

Or at Magnataur, he gets 120% cleaving attack (He hits harder on things he's not targetting). I always got angry at people who ignored that when I hit one creep, everything around it died, but not the one creep that I hit.

Now, it's not the best strategy to hit around for 300, since there are better items, but that + crit is amazing for farming and if you have good stun support, hero killing.

Also, note 2: If it has not been removed, Spectre's Damage return should be. The damage is not reduced whatsoever on the return, so a crit that hits them will do about half, and a crit that is reflected does full damage to you. Kinda like how Blademail returns not damage dealt reduced, but actual damage.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network

I started playing dota on and off, mostly off, 5 years ago. If you do not know dota is, it stands for Defense of the Ancients and is a custom map that originally started on Reign of Chaos and has since forked many times and eventually it went back to one version, Defense of the Ancients Allstars.

My only complaint with the game is the lack of balance. Balancing the map is a difficult feat I admit due to the fact that over time they simply added way too many different heroes to the game.

yea i think there is over 70 heroes, you can't balance them all, but they are basically all good in at least a certian situation, even techies.
for a long time i thought the worst hero was the keeper of the light, then i started to like him.

sorry wrong thread

i used to play dota on RoC

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

i like troll and faceless. i only like keeper of the light on non em games.
geo pretty much sucks late game since his clones are pretty easy to kill.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags?