By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My hype for RedFaction:Guerilla.

Feylic said:
From the video's I've seen, the environments seemed kind of empty. Can anyone with the game tell me if it looks more spruced up now? I know it's on Mars, and the environment is pretty plain, but other than destructable buildings, i didn't see much else going on.

Ya they do look empty now that you mention. However the metacritic score got me interested. Maybe good gameplay involving mechs?

RedFaction are known to use mechs and vehicles in gameplay.

The metacritic score might come down though, as more scores come in.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Around the Network

The developers Volition are doing a LIVE stream right now at http://www.justin.tv/volition

Game looks great and its cool hearing the devs talk about the game.  Come check it out.  Not sure how much longer this is going on for.

I cry every night what they have done...They have made it mindless!Yea many could say Fps games are mindless but Red faction 1 and 2 were one of most unique Fps:s on its time.
I played the demo, and I can see how great the game is but I let it hang on shop few months.

Take my love, take my land..

Early Metacritic reviews almost put this in AAA category. I think its at 89.
This will be an amazing multiplatform experience...

I should have made a bet "Red Faction sequel will have higher metacritic score than Resident evil 5." I'd be a VGchartz millionare...

It jumped up to 90 now. AAA title category

Around the Network

Demo seemed kinda underwhelming...

Aj_habfan said:
Demo seemed kinda underwhelming...

I agree  that the sp demo sort of sucked but from previews and the multiplayer demo it looks pretty good.

ocnkng said:
Feylic said:
From the video's I've seen, the environments seemed kind of empty. Can anyone with the game tell me if it looks more spruced up now? I know it's on Mars, and the environment is pretty plain, but other than destructable buildings, i didn't see much else going on.

Ya they do look empty now that you mention. However the metacritic score got me interested. Maybe good gameplay involving mechs?

RedFaction are known to use mechs and vehicles in gameplay.

The metacritic score might come down though, as more scores come in.

Eh I played Red Faction 1 and 2 but don't remember mechs, anywho not so turned on by this game, I'm in a situation similar to simulacrom I enjoyed the multiplayer of 1 and 2, but going to TPS sandbox is just too weird for me. I'll stick to Prototype for my sandbox needs.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Game noted. Will keep an eye on it. Have too much else to play through this moment.