By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - My sound system is finally complete. (pics)

wow great setup!

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
Nice. I see you still have that massive bean bag. Looked better with Mrs. Nordlead in it :p

My bean bag chair is still as awesome as ever. I'm really glad I bought it actually as it is comfy and I can lay however I want. I also have a couch to the right of the TV, but I only ever sit on it if I have company over or sometimes when I'm playing DS, but not often. And of course it looks better with my wife in it

@others

thanks for the compliments.

When I get home I need to do some cleanup tonight, as I have tools and such all over the place. I noticed in the images this morning that I left the spool of speaker wire on the top shelf I also need to wipe down the speakers so they are nice and clean.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

First a promotion to site admin and now this! Tell me whose butt it is and I'll kiss away at it as well
But seriously, thats a sweet ass set up.

Nice set up, know what I like most? your desktop background for some reason haha.

No but seriously good luck baby proofing all of that ;)

Very nice.

Why did you pick that speaker set in particular?

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
Very nice.

Why did you pick that speaker set in particular?

A few reasons.

Highly recomended by various audio websites as an excellent mid-range system. I would have loved to get some B&W speakers, but the L/R speakers I was looking at alone cost only a little less than L/C/R from NHT for minimal performance gains, but nicer cases with various wood finishes. I like the Piano Gloss Black, but I also like real wood with a natural finish, however the natural finish always costs a lot more. Also, the NHT speakers work well for both music and movies with a realitively flat response across the entire audio spectrum.

If I had bought the B&W main speakers that I liked, I probably wouldn't have been able to afford the matching center speaker, and the L/C/R speakers all being from the same family is very important when creating quality sound system. Your L/C/R put out 90% of the audio (or some other huge percentage) so matching tonal quality helps keep things nice and even sounding across the front. I bought the matching surrounds mostly for the looks. They put out excellent sound and are quite capable for their size, but I probably could have gotten the same audio quality for slightly cheaper elsewhere, but then they wouldn't have matched. You have to keep the wife happy, so matching is nice

As for the sub, it was the only thing I never saw recommended on any websites, and I could have done better on the sub in terms of size of the case (it is on the big side). If it wasn't for the fact that the website I bought them from was having a huge sale on NHT speakers, I probably would have bought a different sub for the same price with smaller form factor.

Finally, the site I bought everything for 30-50% off, so even though I could have gotten similar performance speakers for less in comparison to retail prices, the huge sale countered my ability to find matching performance speakers for the price. Not only was it an official dealer so I get the full warranty, but I also got free shipping, a 30 day in-home trial with free return shipping if I didn't like them.

In the end it all comes down to if you like how they sound in your house and if you are willing to pay the $$. There were lots of speakers in my price range and slightly above it, but these sounded the best especially considering the extra cheap price I paid for them.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)