By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation 3 Hits Stride, Xbox 360 Standing Still

kowenicki said:
Euphoria14 said:
kowenicki said:
@stangable

It is "paid".... I'm English... this is English...therefore I am correct....

just like it is "colour" and "through"

What do people write other than "Through"?

If you are correct though because you are English does that mean that I do not really use elevators and instead use lifts? I heard that is what they are called.

I thought the americanism of "through" was "thru" ??

I'm also confused by what people are saying about threw and through.  I use thru when I don't feel like spelling the whole word but if you've seen people use threw then t hey're just dumb people that don't know how to spell. I mean, its just like were and where, people seem to forget to type the h only quite a bit. Oh yea, and I'm from Texas and we're better than y'all :p

What are you looking at, nerd?
Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Euphoria14 said:
AussieGecko said:
kowenicki said:
@stangable

colour yes i agree, but there are 2 different throughs.

1. I will walk through the door

2. I threw the ball into the door

That is what I was thinking when he mentioned "through".

Maybe they don't say Throw and they say Toss? I have no idea.

We say threw, and we say through.

It is the beauty of the (proper) English language.

I once had a row with an American guy who had failed to spot the link between English and England, that said he was from Texas.

Relax killer, I'm from Texas and speak (and write, when not rushed) perfect English.  Of course, when riding my horse into town, carrying my shotgun, it IS kind of hard to type on my blackberry...  (haha, ).

Mr. sickVisionz said:
Selling worse year over year for every month of 2009 is the PS3 hitting its stride? I guess...

The only games left for the PS3 are Gran Turismo (which probably won't even come out this year) and God of War. Heavy Rain, White Knight, Uncharted 2... these games are all going to be way less of a system seller than MGS4 and Killzone 2. If those two couldn't push the PS3, I don't know why you think the B-team and C-team games are gonna do it.

No no no.

You used the list.
Only because you didn't start with "wait until *insert the list* comes out..." I'll forgive you

^^ That reminds me, there should be a new game named on the blackboard!

I'm gonna vote for... Uncharted 2.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/thru

Also: this argument failed a few months ago when Killzone 2 "flopped", and was burried when inFAMOUS got an 8.5 average rating. I believe hot tar will be poured on it when the sales figures come in for it, leaving ony three of the "killer 5" left in Sony's "domination gun", with one being a niche title that's already been out for months in the one region it was garunteed to do gangbusters in, and hasn't.

Stop the madness. Sony's "comeback" is thru.

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E

Around the Network

PS3 Domination begins??

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

TRios_Zen said:
kowenicki said:
Euphoria14 said:
AussieGecko said:
kowenicki said:
@stangable

colour yes i agree, but there are 2 different throughs.

1. I will walk through the door

2. I threw the ball into the door

That is what I was thinking when he mentioned "through".

Maybe they don't say Throw and they say Toss? I have no idea.

We say threw, and we say through.

It is the beauty of the (proper) English language.

I once had a row with an American guy who had failed to spot the link between English and England, that said he was from Texas.

Relax killer, I'm from Texas and speak (and write, when not rushed) perfect English.  Of course, when riding my horse into town, carrying my shotgun, it IS kind of hard to type on my blackberry...  (haha, ).

Ahah, that's awesome!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Hmm, I'm going to buy 9 non existant games this year! Punch-out!!, overlord, ghostbusters, the conduit, virtua tennis 2009,wii sports resort,red steel 2, little kings story and metroid prime trilogy.

Pretty cool huh?

This is just for the announced games btw, who knows what E3 will bring.

Ps3 will never dominate and it will go in to history as a shitty console(I'm not talking about games, the games are good, I'm talking about how an epic fail this console is to sony)

kowenicki said:
@trios

I can imagine that is tricky...

lol

But he was from Texas... and he did struggle to get the link between England and English...

I would also like to point out that a proper English sentence should never begin with the word "But". 

On topic: 360 fans don't seem to want to be involved in list wars anymore.

kowenicki said:
if he says so..... but i think his first sentence says it all really.

lol