By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New TRICO project details

Last week, PlayStation LifeStyle shocked the world by leaking an early trailer of the third game to take place in the ICO universe, codenamed TRICO.  The video shot up the ranks, it was the most viewed video on YouTube the day it launched, and has placed in the top 5 for the most viewed this week.  We've done some digging about the game and come up with some new intel.  Like the trailer itself, these are all old and could possibly have changed over the course of the development period.  Take them with a grain of salt.

-The 'trailer' was never actually meant to be a trailer of any kind.  It was an internal tech video, meant to show off what other Sony internal studios were working on.  Theatrical aspects, such as the cinematography, aren't necesarily representative of the title, and that's also why it has copyrighted music, instead of an original compositon.

-Internet chatter slates the video as being a year old.  While we aren't clear on the exact age of the video, it's much closer to 2 years.  It was shown at Sony's Santa Monica studios in November 2007 as part of the annual GameShare event, where Sony's internal studios show off their projects to the other branches of the world.  It reached SCEE's offices in the winter of 2007 as well. It was also shown alongside a playable demo of Heavy Rain, and that demo was NOT the taxadermist demo shown last year, but a different one altogether.

-The leaked video is actually a cut version of the video.  The original video was much closer to being 5 minutes long.

-The video's release in proximity to E3 are purely coincidental.  The trailer is from 2007, so it's no confirmation that the game will appear at E3, although that also doesn't mean that it won't, either.

-One of the possible control schemes of the game supposedly involves using the Sixaxis to control the beast and the joysticks to control the player character, so simultaneous control was possible.

-Character models and animation aren't representative of the final game.  Check the differences between the NICO trailer and the final version of Shadow of the Colossus for an accurate comparison.

-The original video projected a 2009 release date, though the game won't likely be out until 2010.  This is partly to prevent any conflicts in scheduling with other releases, although the game is also progressing slowly as well.  Game director Fumito Ueda is notorious for his perfectionism.

Article Link ----->http://www.ps3center.net/news/3039/new-trico-project-details/

Here is the Trailer for those of you who have not seen it yet.

Tell me what you guys think.

DISCUSSSSSS

Around the Network

***If the video is not working, please tell me, I will try to fix the issue.

already posted I'm afraid. Thank you for the thread regardless.