By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - High School Musical on Wii and DS Confirmed.

Disney Interactive Studios just sent an email around, confirming of the High School Musical game coming out both for the Wii and NDS. It's going to be released this August and each platform version will be having its own unique features and exclusive content. For the Wii version, you'll be singing your way - solo or duet - through the original movie and its sequel. There's also a couple of bonus tracks lined up from other Disney Channel stars. There's also going to be a dance aspect incorporated into the game, including motion-captured production numbers from the movie. As for the Nintendo DS version, you'll be traveling across America to compete in a musical competition. Whether you chose to assume the role of one of the six High School Musical characters or create your own, you'd be able to sing and dance along with the movie's songs and even create your own music video, which can be shared with your other HSM friends. As of now, there's still not much about the supposed microphone peripheral that's being developed for this Wii version, but we're sure to give you guys more updates and game content in the future. Better keep your heads in the game, kids. Source High School Musical PS:

Around the Network

Looks nice... tho I expected it to be more of a fuzzball topper kinda mic. That's disappointing. But at least it matches.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Are there any side/back images? Do you have to hold the Wii-Mote with the buttons facing you? For that matter, is the plug flippable? I haven't gotten ahold of a hands-on Wii-Mote, I have no idea if the plug is symmetrical.

Hmmm.. not quite what I was hoping for, but it at least looks small + cheap - which makes it real easy to pack-in with games. Be nice if it had a "pass-through" port, so you could plus Nunchucks and other things into it (i.e. chain devices).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

good god almighty! I hated that movie and now this? I bet the game will suck 50times more than the movie!

Around the Network

Death2009 said: good god almighty! I hated that movie and now this? I bet the game will suck 50times more than the movie!
Agreed.

Oh jam! That's exactly what I thought the mic would look like...although I still don't want to hold the Wiimote upside-down. And yes, High School Musical can go to hell. EDIT: I'm guessing there's a "pass-through" port, for future games that use the nunchuk with the mic...and also, I'm guessing third party mics might come out sometime in the Wii's future...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said: Oh jam! That's exactly what I thought the mic would look like...although I still don't want to hold the Wiimote upside-down. And yes, High School Musical can go to hell.
The one thing we can agree on!

That's going to be hard to keep up with, I have 4 Wii-mote, 4 nunchuks, 2 classic controllers, and now this it looks like two AA batts put together.

That mic is CLEARLY a photoshop job. Don't believe that the final mic will look like that AT ALL. I would put money on it! The speaker hole is the same shape as the Wii Mote Speaker only rotated 90degrees. The M is an upside down W not the same M as used in the Mii channel and the C is just a font. The part where it touches the bottom of the remote is blurry and the edges are exactly the same as the Wii mote. I could put something like this together in a matter of minutes.