By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Famitsu will reveal a "new Metal Gear" for a Sony platform on May 30

I'm sorry for yet another Kojima/MGS rumor, but here goes

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6210135.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1

Konami prepping 'new Metal Gear' for PlayStation platform

7-11's Japanese online storefront says upcoming Famitsu PSP + PS3 cover story will be new installment in Kojima's heralded franchise.

Konami has been mercilessly teasing gamers with its upcoming Kojima Productions-related announcement. Following a two-page teaser ad taken out in last week's Famitsu, the publisher launched a teaser site proclaiming a big reveal was in store for May 18. When that date rolled around on Monday, however, gamers were greeted with a new countdown timer--which is set to expire at 6 p.m. PDT today--as well as a cryptic block character that could just as easily be an "S" as it could be a "5."

Now, despite Konami's efforts to keep gamers on edge, it appears as if the publisher's grand scheme has been trumped by an advertisement for the July issue of Famitsu PSP + PS3. According to the online database of 7&Y, better known as the Japanese wing of convenience-store chain 7-11, the cover story for the PlayStation-focused magazine will be a "new Metal Gear." The magazine is expected to go on sale May 30.

Konami had not responded to requests for comment on whether the Metal Gear title in question relates to its current teaser campaign. The listing also does not indicate whether the new title will be for Sony's flagship console or the PSP, which has seen such system-exclusive titles as Metal Gear Acid and Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops.

Given the Sony-specific nature of the magazine, the listing also calls into question recent rumors that indicate Konami's impending announcement pertains to an Xbox 360 edition of the publisher's top-rated Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. The game--titled Metal Gears Solid 4 + Oxide--was said to be Microsoft's show-stopper during its Electronic Entertainment Expo press conference, which takes place on June 1.

-----------------------------------------------------

So, let the speculation begin, what do you think it'll be? Only 9 days (or sooner, those things always leak) to find out

Around the Network

Whoo, hoo.

Though, this would be way more epic if i liked the MGS series...

Damn I was hoping for 360!

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

RSEagle said:

Doesn't mean it'll be exclusive, just that it'll appear either on PS3 or PSP. Most likely PS3, since I really doubt Kojima (and everyone) would make such a fuss for a PSP game

zexen_lowe said:
RSEagle said:

Doesn't mean it'll be exclusive, just that it'll appear either on PS3 or PSP. Most likely PS3, since I really doubt Kojima (and everyone) would make such a fuss for a PSP game

I didn't think Capcom would make such a fuss over MHF either, but some companies are really taking PSP seriously.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Metal Gear to go with the rumored PSP Go?

interesting and how would a year old port be a show stopper?

theres no telling that the game mentioned in the magazine and the countdown in question are 1 in the same.

Second, there are about 5 countdowns on the flash site, one of which ends jun 1. What is that countdown for?....

June 1 is when E3 starts.

obviously 2 MGS games are gonna be announced, or the timer and this is the same game announced at there respective places( PS3 on may 30th and MS E3)