By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ghostbusters gets a 9/10 from eurogamer

According to Gaf there's also a 5/5 review from BBC Focus Magazine.  ^^

famousringo said:
killeryoshis said:
wait I thought the fomula was movie game=bad game,quick cash in
but this is movie game=good game! O_o That's crazy!

This isn't your typical movie game, since it doesn't actually correspond to a film. That frees the developers from being forced to follow ideas best suited to a movie so they can pursue ideas better suited to a game. It also frees them from the limits of the film's production schedule.

Correct, there's also the thing of the original cast being heavily involved and actually caring about the project. 

Instead of the actors just phoning in the lines when they can, the Ghostbusters cast actually deeply cares about the series (which shows in their lines) and even have the original writers writing the game.

Example of lines not phoned and something that still makes me laugh after two years:

Around the Network

Another review, not another 9/10 but I'll take an 8/10 from OXM. ^^

The verdict:

+ A digital reunion for a fun franchise
+ The trapping mechanic feels fresh and unique
- No campaign co-op, no created players
? activision didn't think there was a sequel in this? C'mon.

Hooray for shameless bumps!

This time it's for a preview from WorthPlaying:
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=62855

Ghostbusters: The Video Game is the game that Ghostbusters fans have been eagerly awaiting. It's almost the movie that fans have been eagerly awaiting. Everything is here and rendered in loving detail, from familiar hum of the proton packs to the gibbering noises made by everyone's favorite ghost, Slimer. The gameplay is solid and fun, and learning to trap and capture ghosts is easy as can be. Best of all, it reunites the entire "Ghostbusters" cast in a way that seemed previously impossible. If you're a Ghostbusters fan, you're probably going to have a smile on your face as you play this game, and even casual gamers should have a great time busting some ghosts.

1Up is also showing the first 30 minutes of the 360/PS3 version and the first 30 minutes of the Wii version tonight at 5PM PST

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174375

twesterm said:
Another review, not another 9/10 but I'll take an 8/10 from OXM. ^^

The verdict:
+ A digital reunion for a fun franchise
+ The trapping mechanic feels fresh and unique
- Boring but functional level design.
? activision didn't think there was a sequel in this? C'mon.

Sorry, I just had to! xD

I hope it sells 2M+ on all platforms!

Tease.

Hmm this might sell suprisingly well if it has quality to match nostalgia of older gamers for movies.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Congrats Twesterm!

What can I look out for that you created in the game? Or are you still on a NDA and can't talk about it yet until the game is released.

I am Really expecting this game... I am a big GB fan!

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

twesterm said:

According to Gaf there's also a 5/5 review from BBC Focus Magazine.  ^^

famousringo said:
killeryoshis said:
wait I thought the fomula was movie game=bad game,quick cash in
but this is movie game=good game! O_o That's crazy!

This isn't your typical movie game, since it doesn't actually correspond to a film. That frees the developers from being forced to follow ideas best suited to a movie so they can pursue ideas better suited to a game. It also frees them from the limits of the film's production schedule.

Correct, there's also the thing of the original cast being heavily involved and actually caring about the project. 

Instead of the actors just phoning in the lines when they can, the Ghostbusters cast actually deeply cares about the series (which shows in their lines) and even have the original writers writing the game.

Example of lines not phoned and something that still makes me laugh after two years:

Bill Murray is the best!

Signature goes here!

It is too early. www.eurogamer.es and www.eurogamer.pt are giving big scores left and right. 1 or 2 points more then www.eurogamer.net

Just a reminder that the live playthrough of the first 30 or so minutes of the PS3/360 and Wii versions starts in about an hour (5PM PST).

I think this embed should work:

If that doesn't work, just follow this link:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174375