By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why doesn't Sony listen to Square Enix?

Jam said:
badgerfan20945 said:
@Jam
People see that and they still don't believe it. They dream MGS4 and FF13 will come to the 360, when they won't. When Snake holds a sixaxis in his hands, the decision has been made!

Yep.

Also MGS4 is under contract, Sony already said it. While FF13 will not be on 360, people need to understand Japanese business a bit more. They will NOT screw over a Japanese corp for a foreign one. SquareEnix is to huge to get away with it without public back lash. Iam not talking hardcroe gamers iam talking about average person which woudl really hurt their image. Among many other reasons.

or maybe square enix tried to get multi but microsoft preferred give money for blue dragon...(I agree finally something innovative)

there is always a second view on things to consider...

Around the Network
Soriku said:
badgerfan20945 said:
@Jam
People see that and they still don't believe it. They dream MGS4 and FF13 will come to the 360, when they won't. When Snake holds a sixaxis in his hands, the decision has been made! ^ You will never see a major FF on the Wii. Ever.

True, because FF XIV might not come this gen but Wii 2 has a high chance of getting one. Who knows? Maybe they'll come out with FF XIV at near gen's end, look at Wii sales, and go "Sold!" and develop FF XIV for Wii and if it does well they'll make FF XV for the Wii 2 and remake some older FFs for it too (Maybe PS1 ones, PS2 maybe). Doubt it but could happen =/

Only if they dont pull the whole 13 games in the FF13 series for 13 years.  SE has been having to much fun screwing with us with their numbers game, FF13 only 13% doneFF13 Versus 1.3 done.

ALKO said:
badgerfan20945 said:
@Jam
People see that and they still don't believe it. They dream MGS4 and FF13 will come to the 360, when they won't. When Snake holds a sixaxis in his hands, the decision has been made!

ff13 and mgs4 will suck...

there will be a big disappointment among fans...

these series are doomed to death...

I CALL FOR BAN.... What the ****? 

badgerfan20945 said:

You will never see a major FF on the Wii. Ever

and dragon quest 9????  some people always forget dragon quest 9.    remember always,square is a third party and it's multi.          

jhlennon1 said:
ALKO said:
badgerfan20945 said:
@Jam

I CALL FOR BAN.... What the ****?

i call for ban you!!!

this is my prevision!!!

my prevision is that ff13 and mgs4 will fail...

they will fail as lair or heavenly swords or gundam...

the second/third season of games for ps3 in MY OPINION will be worst that the first one...

you don't agree???

you are free to say whatever you want...

we will see next year...

Around the Network

@ALKO
Here is my opinion:

Dragon Quest 9 will suck

there will be a big disappointment among fans

this series is doomed to death

See what I did there?

"I don't believe anyone walks into a game store with $600 in their pocket and wonders what console to buy." -President of Worldwide studios Phil Harrison "Nintendo Wii has been a successful enterprise, and a very good business compared with ours, because it's cheaper." -Sony chairman and CEO Howard Stringer

lolita said:
They need to lower the prices as soon as they can become time passes and people make their minds... Plus not everyone has time/money for multiple consoles. So some people end up buying just one and ignore the others.

If Sony don't do anything quick I think it'll be too late for them. Even if some really great games such as FFXII and MGS4 comes out, it won't be enough to convince people to get it. Price is a major factor.

Price is the factor.

ALKO said:
badgerfan20945 said:
@Jam

addendum:

think about a spin off like pokemon this week...

-in japan

-the only decent final fantasy for psp is behind a spinoff of pokemon...

soon or later this series will die...

you'd better accomodate to this pals...

What the hell man?...That must have been sarcasm, because thats INSANE! 

FF and MGS, two of the world's greatest video game franchises...

badgerfan20945 said:
@ALKO
Here is my opinion:

Dragon Quest 9 will suck

there will be a big disappointment for fans

this series is doomed to death

See what I did there?

will see...

the problem is:

dragon quest 9 fails???

the only one to cry is square-enix

ff13 or mgs4 fail???

->ps3 doomed.

for ps3 a ff or mgs or gt failing is like for nintendo a mario or a pokemon or a smash bros fail...disaster!!!!

SlorgNet said:
lolita said:
They need to lower the prices as soon as they can become time passes and people make their minds... Plus not everyone has time/money for multiple consoles. So some people end up buying just one and ignore the others.

If Sony don't do anything quick I think it'll be too late for them. Even if some really great games such as FFXII and MGS4 comes out, it won't be enough to convince people to get it. Price is a major factor.

Fear not, the PS3 will do fine. Sony is doing the right thing - getting those PS3s out there, upgrading the online service, lowering costs, etc. The first year of a console, you want to sell 6 - 8 million worldwide, no more - the more you sell, the bigger your loss. Sony will hit this target easily. That's why they geared their marketing to appeal to the hardcore media folks, instead of ordinary gamers. Once the $399 model and a bunch of great games comes out in 2008, mass sales will take off. Until then, Sony will continue to sell boatloads of PS2s and rake in the dough.

Microsoft has one card to play: Halo. That's their main franchise. It will be a wonderful game, it'll sell like mad, but it's just one game.

If I were in Microsoft's shoes. I'd be deeply worried. Despite the price cut and Halomania, sales are still nowhere near what they should be. The 360 is going nowhere in Japan and the rest of East Asia, and European sales are unimpressive outside of the UK.

I would say opposite, almost passing the wii (NA sales) BEFORE the release of halo is a huge sign. Sales are doing quite fine, id be more worried for ps3, ill tell you right now, you want to sell more, selling less is only tempting more game developers to jump the multi ship.

I dont think they need to be worried. Yes halo is their main card, but they have just created quite a few new ones, we can expect a bioshock 2 within the consoles life, and Gears of War 2 of course. They still have fable 2, which should add on, including new big hits like Mass effect. You cannot say that 360 only has Halo, sorry you cant, like saying ps3 only has GT 5, its foolish and stupid.

You talk that European sales are unimpressive, yet its outselling the ps3, in a more ps3 love land.

We just saw a huge drop in ps3 sales in NA, and a big boost in 360 sales.

I agree with you on the fear not though, ps3 will do fine most likely, and i hope it does, and 360 and ps3 sales = at the end. But i think MS is not screwed like you have stated, halo is halo your right, but its not the only weapon

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.