By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NFS: nitro new trailer

LordTheNightKnight said:
So are the graphics in that trailer rendered by the Wii or not?

That was a pretty obvious FMV. Can't say that I much liked the style, either. Danko Jones is cool, though.

I can't help but feel that this game, MySims Racing, and NASCAR are all the same arcade racer with different skins.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

LoL, that trailer reminds me of de Blob XD

Clearly fmv, cant you people tell ? its an EA trailer for gods sake
EA are trying everything to make a stand on the wii they are making all there franchises kid friendly (which is terrible ) if they made it appealing for everybody like nintendo does it would be a different story i bet this will play terrible

Racing-wise it looks like a cross between NFS & Burnout. Personally Burnout is my racer of choice and I'd rather have Burnout but this is a close 2nd. First day purchase.

But what is which the De Blob building paint?! That's stupid and pointless. Hope that's not actually in the game.

Wow, a FMV that's keeping the feel of the Wii graphic rendering while not making it look sucky? I give them thumbs up for that! And bringing back the Cops?! I'll give them a A+ for it.., if (and a big IF) we play as them in multi AND single-player.
If the technical part doesn't suck like in UnderCover, have the feel like Most Wanted/Carbon and got the replay-movie-like mode in Hot Pursuit 2 (hey, Mario Kart Wii/Double Dash pulled it off on the GC/Wii, why can't EA do it in NFS???).., then EA got my praise as a AAA+++ title!!!

Maybe my hopes are too high, but they can do it and they better pull it off!!!

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Around the Network

Looks very average to me, not impressed.....

IGN hinted that this will be a really good game. Might have to give it a try.

this trailer IS NOT FMV - it's fully rendered by the ingame engine. you can see it clearly if you've seen gameplay videos - same track, same details and so on. there are some tweaks like red and yellow colour but that's all - rest of the trailer is from the game.
i like the way this game is being made - maybe it's not the classic NFS game, but it has a strong feeling of NFS3. and is definitely better than anything released after Hot Pursuit 2.
other developers should take notes cause that's how wii games should be made.

what the hell!? we want real gameplay footage.