By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will be your Wii Motion Plus buying strategy?

JGarret said:
I don´t quite understand how WM+ works....

Can anyone explain to me, for example, the difference WM+ will make when playing a tennis game?

What will I be able to do in Virtua Tennis, Grand Slam Tennis, that I can´t in the tennis game from WiiSports?

If you want to win matches you will no longer just "waggle" the Wii mote but actually swing it like a "real" racket.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
PorkChopTD said:

I will buy Tiger Woods Golf 2010 bundled for one, and Grand Slam Tennis bundled for the other one.  I will save 20 bucks that way!

They aren't bundling WM+ with Grand Slam Tennis in NA, only with Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10. In PAL regions they are bundling with both games.

@topic

I have no plan or strategy at all. If Red Steel 2 turns out good and is bundled I may buy that, If I finally cave I may buy Tiger Woods, but either way, I'm in no rush to get the thing.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I will probably get the Grand Slam Tennis bundle first.
Might then get Tiger Woods. I am no golf fan, but disc golf sounds quite fun.
I don't know what to make of Wii Sports Resort. I have a feeling it is going to be almost as shallow as Wii Play.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Its easy for me. My interest in Tiger Woods and Grand Slam Tennis is only minimal, and diminished by the competition with Punch-Out!! and the upcoming Conduit, as well as Densetsu no Starfy, so it'll be easy to wait until WSR and just pick it up then, with one standalone along side it.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I will buy one stand-alone if I buy Red Steel 2. I'll wait until a game comes out that I want until I buy it, in other words.

Around the Network

WSR for one. Not sure which game I will get for another one (bundled WM+ game).

I already have Wii Sports Resort on pre-order at Gamestop.
I (will) need to acquire additional WM+ units.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Grand Slam and WSR. hey you can always ebay the extra WM+'s

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I preordered 1 WM+ with GST and 1 with WSR. Waiting for a WM+/Red Steel 2 bundle.

I'm going to wait until I really want a WM+ game, then I'll pick up Sports Resort.