By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which will sell more, Punch Out or The Conduit?

Majin-Tenshinhan said:

*screams obscenities and proceeds to faint from anger*

TKO!

Around the Network

Punchout by KO

Long Live SHIO!

SaviorX said:
I ask people I know about many games.

House of the Dead: Overkill, Madworld, No More Heroes, Castlevania Judgment, Skate It, Punchout (they just found out about this one), and several other games.

They haven't heard of any one of them.

Punchout was advertised on TV at my school this morning,in every homeroom. I have seen on Fox during American Idol and on smaller networks.

Sega will advertise The Conduit, but in a similar fashion like HOTD:O.

I see Punchout selling 1.75m+~ and The Conduit selling around 1.25m. Punchout will most likely win, but The Conduit will do well.

They showed a commericial during American Idol.Well add Punch out to the million seller list.

Also i Heard HVS has reserve funds for campaigning this game to get mor mainstream air time. Wonder if this true or not.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

Punch Out easily.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

jefforange89 said:
gergroy said:
jefforange89 said:
gergroy said:
it will be punchout. Conduit won't sell, I think it would be lucky if it hit a million, not that it will be a bad game, just the wii doesn't do well with fps games.

The Wii's 7 million-selling shooters would like a word with you.

well, if you look at those million selling shooters, none of them are over 2 million.  Games like CoD which are massive games barely sold over a million on the wii where on the 360 they sold 2.3 and 5.4.  Even with the larger install base the wii games don't sell as well as their hd counterparts.  So yeah, I think my statement is very justified. 

And?  A million sales are still a million sales, no matter how you try to spin it.  Just because it doesn't sell as well as on HD consoles, doesn't mean it doesn't sell at all.

lol, did I ever say that they don't sell at all?  Try reading my statement again there bud.

Around the Network

Punch Out will easily sell 3-4 times as much as the Conduit.. for the simple fact that its a Nintendo game and it will probably appeal to the casuals and longtime Nintendo fans who remember the original.

This isn't even a contest. Punch Out!! will outsell The Conduit by several orders of magnitude.

gergroy said:
jefforange89 said:
gergroy said:
jefforange89 said:
gergroy said:
it will be punchout. Conduit won't sell, I think it would be lucky if it hit a million, not that it will be a bad game, just the wii doesn't do well with fps games.

The Wii's 7 million-selling shooters would like a word with you.

well, if you look at those million selling shooters, none of them are over 2 million.  Games like CoD which are massive games barely sold over a million on the wii where on the 360 they sold 2.3 and 5.4.  Even with the larger install base the wii games don't sell as well as their hd counterparts.  So yeah, I think my statement is very justified. 

And?  A million sales are still a million sales, no matter how you try to spin it.  Just because it doesn't sell as well as on HD consoles, doesn't mean it doesn't sell at all.

lol, did I ever say that they don't sell at all?  Try reading my statement again there bud.

No, but you said it probably wouldn't make a million, and then I gave seven existing cases where shooters have made a million.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89

I want to say The Conduit just like you but I have to say Punch-Out!!

Still, my guess for Lifetime sales for both games are as follows:

Punch-Out!! - 3-4 million.

The Conduit - 2-2.5 million.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition FC 0025-4434-1221

MSG ME AS YOU ADD.

gergroy said:

true, but you could say that about every fps on the wii, except maybe metroid (although IMO it's garbage as well)

Shun him! Shun the unbeliever!