By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What if Apple and Sony joined?

Lets face it if Sony or any company started buying out all the software houses the videogame market would die

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Around the Network

I don't think Apple would ever buy a company as indebted as Sony is. Sony would be a liability for Apple, and a very expensive one at that.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

It doesn´t sound realistic for now.Since Apple has the Iphone that is trying to compete against the psp in the handle department.Also there are rumors that Apple might join the console market with the "Igame(working title :P).So right now it does not seem like a logical possibility.Unless Apple does not join the console market and they decide to either discount the Iphone or to make it in a way so it won´t compete against the PSP.

set aside if they ever built a console we are damn sure its going to be the most expensive ever but imagine their new computer with microsoft windows in it hehe.

Apple buying Sony? Sony is worth 285 Billion dollars in Assets, no way apple can. But what is possible is that Apple buys half of Playstation, then both Apple and Sony will work together in the gaming division

Around the Network
rafichamp said:
Apple buying Sony? Sony is worth 285 Billion dollars in Assets, no way apple can. But what is possible is that Apple buys half of Playstation, then both Apple and Sony will work together in the gaming division

The price of a company is not the value of the assets it owns. You have to subtract the debt and other liabilities from that.

Sony's current value in the stock market (the so called "market cap") is $26.57 billion.

yeah I could see something like that happening.
Apple could design the environment and toolkits, and sony would produce the parts.

I think both companies would benefit. Sony would get the quality reputation of apple and apple would get the.....playstation? Oh, they would also get exclusive games division.

It sounds like a great idea, but who would want to buy the playstation right now? Every analyst thinks its a disaster.

NJ5 said:
rafichamp said:

The price of a company is not the value of the assets it owns. You have to subtract the debt and other liabilities from that.

Sony's current value in the stock market (the so called "market cap") is $26.57 billion.

in the past 2 years ms market cap has dropped 100 billion. just a tit for tat in trolling tennis.

Megadude said:
NJ5 said:
rafichamp said:

in the past 2 years ms market cap has dropped 100 billion. just a tit for tat in trolling tennis.

So bringing facts to the discussion is trolling now? (and ontopic facts unlike yours)

NJ5 said:
Megadude said:
NJ5 said:
rafichamp said:

in the past 2 years ms market cap has dropped 100 billion. just a tit for tat in trolling tenni

So bringing facts to the discussion is trolling now? (and ontopic facts unlike yours)

Yeah what the heck does Microsoft have to do with this? :s

NJ5 just pointed out a simple fact.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046