By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sonic The Hedgehog CD

Sonic CD is what IHMO call the quintessential CD-based 2D Sonic game. If that sounds too high-phrased to anyone, its because there really is no other Sonic game of its kind. I personally find the time concept ahead of its time as a Sonic game. [s]If I had never played or heard of Sonic CD before during the GEN/MD era, and I was a Saturn owner waiting for a true Sonic game at the time, I would have expected the time concept to have shown up in a Sonic 4. I have no idea if that makes any sense, so don't argue with me.[/s] So yeah, basically I would have expected such a concept to arise later in time.

Also, PEMNAS stands for "PLEASE EXCUSE MY NOOB ASS SKILLS". I invented the term myself. Its created to separate my videos from being called a Speed-Run (its not meant) or a walkthrough. Its really just to show others my average-level game skillz in da game. I know, its probably a stupid little gimmick but I just felt like being creative. Whatever.

Anyways, I'm going to show my playthough in order of how I played it.

Here is the Playlist:
(Part 1) Start Up + Palmtree Panic Zone 1
(Part 2) First Special Stage
(Part 3) Palmtree Panic Zone 2
(Part 4) Second Special Stage
(Part 5) Palmtree Panic Zone 3
(Part 6) Collision Chaos Zone 1
(Part 7) Third Special Stage
(Part 8) Collision Chaos Zone 2
(Part 9) Fourth Special Stage
(Part 10) Collision Chaos Zone 3
(Part 11) Tidal Tempest Zone 1
(Part 12) Fifth Special Stage
(Part 13) Tidal Tempest Zone 2
(Part 14) Sixth Special Stage
(Part 15) Tidal Tempest Zone 3
(Part 16) Quartz Quadrant Zone 1
(Part 17) Quartz Quadrant Zone 2
(Part 18) Seventh AND Final Special Stage
(Part 19) Quartz Quadrant Zone 3
(Part 20) Wacky Workbench Zone 1
(Part 21) Wacky Workbench Zone 2
(Part 22) Wacky Workbench Zone 3
(Part 23) Stardust Speedway Zone 1
(Part 24) Stardust Speedway Zone 2
(Part 25) Stardust Speedway Zone 3
(Part 25) Stardust Speedway Zone 3
(Part 26) Metallic Madness Zone 1
(Part 27) Metallic Madness Zone 2
(Part 28) Metallic Madness Zone 3 & FINAL FEVER!
(Part 29 / THE END) Cosmic Eternity - Good Ending

The playthrough consists of individual videos, each containing a Zone and a Special Stage between each of them. Also, PEMNAS stands for "PLEASE EXCUSE MY NOOB ASS SKILLS". I invented the term myself. Its created to separate my videos from being called a Speed-Run (its not meant to be one) or a walkthrough. Its really just to show others my average-level game skillz in da game. I know, its probably a stupid little gimmick but I just felt like being creative. Whatever.

Around the Network

i luvd that game when i played it. im a huge sega fanboy and felt proud when they made this one :)

Isn't Sonic CD the only CD-based 2D Sonic game? :D

Anyway, fun game, it's just a shame it has only seen the light of day on the Mega CD. It definitely would have gotten more recognition if it wasn't on such an obscure platform.

CIHYFS?

hope they VC it