By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Manchester United Premier League Champions 2008/09

Which isnt a probelm. English league should have Enlglish players. If a foreign fan truly loves aclub like Liverpool, ManUTD whatever, he shouldnt care if theres Foreigners Englishmen or snails playering it really doesnt matter.

Around the Network

very true indeed

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

heyhey, nice thread I discovered here :D.
congratz Man U for PL title, they deserved it this year as far as I can judge it from Germany. Ronaldo is still the best player in the world, if you saw Messi not taking place vs Chelsea you know what I mean.

it's a pity we don't see Chelsea - ManU in CL final again, would have liked it much better than that rubbish barca squad.
thanks ovrebo!!

How can 720p be considered HD when it looks like ugly snow grains on my 22'' screen?

I don't really see the 6 plus 5 rule helping anything in the PL. The English National team is doing way better now. You know why? Because before they were a bunch of fat lazy slobs who couldn't care less about playing for their country except a few (Rooney, Beckham, Terry,) The rest only cared about their clubs (LAMPARD cough cough)

Now we have a different coach who is a winner and deals with players just like SAF. Capello won titles at Madrid, Roma, Juve and Milan because he benched underperforming big ego players (Ronaldo, Robinho, Cassano,) This is exactly what England needed. In fact English players would benefit more from playing with foreign players because they each have a different style of playing. Also, the England coaches from before kept playing RETARDS like David James ( still continues to play) Owen, Gary Neville (not retard but underperformer) and this blocked young English talent like Milner, Young, Agbonlahor, Foster, Lennon, etc from playing. This is what England needs, young disciplined players who actually have a desire to play for their country.

Football Fan let me ask you this. If the 6 plus 5 rule came into affect and 6 English players on Liverpool were black, would you have a problem still?

Also, the Man United seniors will be gone in 2 years. Giggs will retire at the end of next season, Neville might squeeze in 2 more years and Scholes has always said he wanted to play for Oldham someday.

Around the Network
FootballFan said:
He wont have played for a top 4 club. Historically the top 4 dont have goal keepers past 35.

But, they can though. Most Goalkeepers keep going till there in their late 30's. You barley run as a keeper LOL so its not as demanding as a midfielder or striker. Sepp Maoir or w/e won the WC in 74 and he was 42 I think.

The title race in quotes:

“I did not think I would reach this level so quickly. But I always believed in my talent.”
The last word from Cristiano Ronaldo on his FIFA World Player of the Year award, November.

“Yes, we take terrible risks, but there's always a chance we'll win the match."
Sir Alex sums up the essence of Manchester United

“He has a wonderful velvet touch; the ball goes stone dead when he gets it. In the midst of all the mayhem it's wonder to see."
Sir Alex lauds Paul Scholes on his 600th appearance for the Reds in April

“The gaffer insists on good defending, but sometimes there's not much defending to do."
Jonny Evans shows his stargazing powers following the 3-0 win over Celtic in October. The Reds would soon embark on a British league-record 1,311-minute shutout

“It’s scary. You spend all week discussing tactics, but when a team is that good, you can’t do anything about it.”
Blackburn boss Paul Ince reflects on losing 2-0 at home to United in October

read more here

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
CaptainPrefrences said:
FootballFan said:
He wont have played for a top 4 club. Historically the top 4 dont have goal keepers past 35.

But, they can though. Most Goalkeepers keep going till there in their late 30's. You barley run as a keeper LOL so its not as demanding as a midfielder or striker. Sepp Maoir or w/e won the WC in 74 and he was 42 I think.

sepp maier was 30 years old -.- ......

How can 720p be considered HD when it looks like ugly snow grains on my 22'' screen?

1200p|is|FullHD said:
CaptainPrefrences said:
FootballFan said:

sepp maier was 30 years old -.- ......

O shit My bad that was the Italian keeper Zenga or something

NintendoMan said:

The title race in quotes:

“I did not think I would reach this level so quickly. But I always believed in my talent.”
The last word from Cristiano Ronaldo on his FIFA World Player of the Year award, November.

“Yes, we take terrible risks, but there's always a chance we'll win the match."
Sir Alex sums up the essence of Manchester United

“He has a wonderful velvet touch; the ball goes stone dead when he gets it. In the midst of all the mayhem it's wonder to see."
Sir Alex lauds Paul Scholes on his 600th appearance for the Reds in April

“The gaffer insists on good defending, but sometimes there's not much defending to do."
Jonny Evans shows his stargazing powers following the 3-0 win over Celtic in October. The Reds would soon embark on a British league-record 1,311-minute shutout

“It’s scary. You spend all week discussing tactics, but when a team is that good, you can’t do anything about it.”
Blackburn boss Paul Ince reflects on losing 2-0 at home to United in October

read more here

You know I really didn't think that Ronaldo would be as great as he is today. When I first saw him playing for United in 2003, he was just some out of control player who did tricks and had great speed but couldnt cross or produce any end product. He has developed gratly under SAF. Imagine what he would be if he went to Madrid and not Man U