By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Manchester United Premier League Champions 2008/09

NintendoMan said:
Scholes, Giggs, Neville & Van Der Sar will all play in the 2009-10 season. Less appearances than this season probaly but they will play. Giggs is the only one imo who stands a chance of playing in the 2010-11 season.

Giggs will but he is a tenacious player.

Around the Network

also @ highwaystar101, David Seaman (arsenal keeper), David James (portsmouth keeper) and Van Dar Sar (MUFC keeper) are all over 36 and they didn't/haven't struggled. The oldest player was some guy in his early 40's (40-42 i think)

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

The rule will be great.
Only foreign premiership viewers will dislike it.
I say tough luck because in the ENGLISH premiership there should be English players and thus this will help OUR national team.

Scholes wont last. He hasnt been constant throughout this season. Van der sar i doubt but then theres Ben Foster so thats not a problem. Giggs 50-50. Neville i doubt as Rafeal seems like a bright spark.

Even still United have more than enough English players to field two teams. Its Liverpool who might need to make a few buys.

Gerrard and Carragher will certainly still be fit able and at liverpool. I would like Liverpool to sign Lennon as he would give Liverpool some genuine width. Kuyt is a star player but he just isnt a winger.

But David Seaman made some high profile errors which led to his retirement and with all due respect David James isnt at a good club. Age takes its toll on concentration and Ben Foster is more than capable of going into the squad at any time. If VDS shows any weakness ManU will put Foster out. I think Foster is world class anyway. He was the best keeper in the league for Watford a few seasons ago.

Scholes, Giggs, Sar, Nev will play in 2009-10 season barring injury during the pre-season. I also missed off richard eckersley & frazier campbell from my list of british players.

Foster will likely take over as no.1 keeper, fergie said so earlier in the season, the three keepers will be rotated alot more

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network

moved ^^^

and welbeck(if he is english)

NintendoMan did you see Tevez wave to the ManUTD fans? I would say he is certain to go but i dont think he will be going to liverpool. Gerrard would have t change his style to accomodate the extra striker. I see him going to ManCity.

It certainly wont be worth ManUtd buying tevez. The demand is 25million and they have already paied 9 million for the two year loan. That would make him the most expensive sgning in history exceeding that of Berbatov and Robinho.

I would play Tevez every day ahead of Berbatov but i cant imagine any club coming in with a bid for Berbatov to finacne the Tevez move.

Tevez is likely to leave, the problem is that his economic rights are controlled by a third party - which is working against Tevez's best interests. He won't goto Liverpool -a) he would be to much money on 1 player and b) United would pay £25 million just to stop that. Its likely he would goto Manchester City, they can afford him, he won't have to leave Manchester so its a decent fit. I'm still hoping he'll stay though.

The oldest player to play in the premier league was 43 years old, and wouldn't you know it - he was a goalkeeper.

Yes Welbeck is english, actually bron and raised in Manchester, Longsight.

NintendoMan said:
also @ highwaystar101, David Seaman (arsenal keeper), David James (portsmouth keeper) and Van Dar Sar (MUFC keeper) are all over 36 and they didn't/haven't struggled. The oldest player was some guy in his early 40's (40-42 i think)

they are all goalkeepers. Goalkeepers play longer because they don't use as much energy during a match and so they don't wear out in the early 30's.

I believe the player you are reffering too was Teddy Sherringham, who was a legend for going on so long. But he couldn't play a whole match and kept dropping to worse and worse teams in the last 8-9 years of his career. It was a miricle he played in the premiership until then.