By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Manchester United Premier League Champions 2008/09

i mean comon !

Why do scousers have to steal to win a trophy?

Around the Network

LOL, I don't hate all Liverpool fans, just the ones who are like OMG MAN UTD WILL LOSE TO BOROUGH CITEH AND ARSENAL AND WE WILL PREVAIL. and WE BEAT U GUYS TWICE THIS SEASON SO THEY PL DOESNT COUNT

Today on my football forum I was shocked to come across this joke a scouser. He said "Man Utd shouldnt even be champions. All those 1-0 wins shouldnt count as the full 3 points. teams should get an extra point for scoring 4 or more in a match. Also we should limit the amount of foreign players in a side.

This is a joke when a 1-0 is STILL A WIN. And last time I checked, Liverpool was the National team of Spain! Gerrard and the traitor are teh only English ones in the starting 11. Compare that with Utd (Owen, Rooney Rio, Carrick, Foster, Scholes, Brown)

ManU have had a lot of 1:0 but so did chelsea when they won the league and pretty much every successful team. English Nationality has died under Benitez at Liverpool. Its not going to get as bad as Arsenal though. And in 2 seasons theres going to be a rule where 6 players on the pitch at all times have to be of British nationality. Nationality in football isnt currently an issue for Liverpool. As we all know Spain have the best national team in the world.

The probem i can forsee is English player prices going through thr roof because of this upcomming rule. Anyway its 1:30 in the morining i need sleep.

That 6 plus 5 rule is fucking bullshit, It will ruin the EPL watch. At least make it 5 plues 6.

Around the Network

I would say 5+6 would be better but it won't affect United.

No. of british players for United = 14: Wayne Rooney, Owen Hargreaves, Paul Scholes, Danny Welbeck, Ben Foster, Rio Ferdinand, Wes Brown, Darren Fletcher, Ryan Giggs, John O'shea, Gary Neville, Darren Gibson, Johnny Evans, Michael Crarrick. MUFC has more british players than Chelsea & Liverpool put together.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

^ Ryan Giggs is Welsh, he wont count. Also, Scholes has to be retiring soon doesn't he?

Anyway. If that's the 5+6 rule becomes the case Aston villa will just walk into every match and win without thinking anything of it.

@british includes players from Scotland, N Ireland & wales, so the two Irish lads won't count but Giggs certainly will, scholes has another couple of seasons in him.

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
NintendoMan said:
@british includes players from Scotland, N Ireland & wales, so the two Irish lads won't count but Giggs certainly will, scholes has another couple of seasons in him.

Scholes is 34, he will certainly not a few seasons left at top flight. If he has one more I will be surprised. Players of his age can't compete in the premier league if they are outfield.

I mean Teddy Sherringham is the oldest player I can think of to play in the premier league for Portsmouth when he was 36 or so and I recall him struggling quite lot.

Scholes, Giggs, Neville & Van Der Sar will all play in the 2009-10 season. Less appearances than this season probaly but they will play. Giggs is the only one imo who stands a chance of playing in the 2010-11 season.

edit* I think for the purposes of the 5+6/6+5 ruleplayers from Rep of Ire should count as British.

FIFA found a loophole earlier in the year that means it could come to frution as well (european working law made the 6+5 rule illiegal).