By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Suda 51: Talking about Fatal Frame 4 ......... in Europe

misteromar mk4 said:
TWRoO said:
misteromar mk4 said:
woopah said:
@ misteromar

its not just translation, nintendo also asked techmo to fix all the bugs and change the controls. from my understanding nintnedo refuses to publish the game in its current form. those magazibne adverts have been appeairng because nintnedo did plan on publishing it because they though techmo would fix the game. suda will hopfully yell us why techmo wont fix the game

Yeah, I heard that rumor too but I dont buy it. They let any old shit on the Wii all the time.

Are you using "shit" as a term to to describe games that don't appeal to you, or for actually buggy games, as there is a difference.

I love the Wii and there are some truly great games, but it is flooded with low budget rubbish games. I dont have problem personaly but when they are going to knock back good games and ask the developer to tweek the controls but then let Ubisoft and the likes release crap every week, its frustrating.

I don't get what the publisher policy (Nintendo) have in common with the hardware manufacturer policy (Nintendo). Nothing. So the publisher thinks that their brand is strong so they must iron out most of the bugs and the critics that have been made. At the same time, the hw manufacturer thinks that their brand is strong, so they must let every game to be published.

Live with that.

If this story is true, then it's a Tecmo-Nintendo problem, 'cause possibly Ninty don't want to pay enough to Tecmo (in Tecmo's point-of-view) to fix the controls, and don't want to release the game at it's current form.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Around the Network
Daileon said:
misteromar mk4 said:
TWRoO said:
misteromar mk4 said:
woopah said:
@ misteromar

its not just translation, nintendo also asked techmo to fix all the bugs and change the controls. from my understanding nintnedo refuses to publish the game in its current form. those magazibne adverts have been appeairng because nintnedo did plan on publishing it because they though techmo would fix the game. suda will hopfully yell us why techmo wont fix the game

Yeah, I heard that rumor too but I dont buy it. They let any old shit on the Wii all the time.

Are you using "shit" as a term to to describe games that don't appeal to you, or for actually buggy games, as there is a difference.

I love the Wii and there are some truly great games, but it is flooded with low budget rubbish games. I dont have problem personaly but when they are going to knock back good games and ask the developer to tweek the controls but then let Ubisoft and the likes release crap every week, its frustrating.

I don't get what the publisher policy (Nintendo) have in common with the hardware manufacturer policy (Nintendo). Nothing. So the publisher thinks that their brand is strong so they must iron out most of the bugs and the critics that have been made. At the same time, the hw manufacturer thinks that their brand is strong, so they must let every game to be published.

Live with that.

If this story is true, then it's a Tecmo-Nintendo problem, 'cause possibly Ninty don't want to pay enough to Tecmo (in Tecmo's point-of-view) to fix the controls, and don't want to release the game at it's current form.

I dont quite get what you are saying.

Nintendo published the game in Japan so they obviously think game has enough merit to be released and even published by them. They have no shame allowing countless terrible games on their platform.

I have just started playing the Japanese version and the controls are fine. You only have very limited wii-mote comtrols,  tilt up down for movement of the tourch and waggle for 180 degree turn. The rest is just tradional controls. The game looks fantastic, great atmosphere, cant tell about the story because I cant read a single word, but it seems engaging.

It would be so easy for Nintendo to get this game out in the west and its just a total disgrace they dont and there is no defending them. Same as with Disaster in the US, it seems that Nintendo not only dont cater to gamers but go out of their way to cock block games that may not appeal or scare off the casual market.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

misteromar mk4 said:
Daileon said:
misteromar mk4 said:
TWRoO said:
misteromar mk4 said:
woopah said:
@ misteromar

Live with that.

Nintendo published the game in Japan so they obviously think game has enough merit to be released and even published by them. They have no shame allowing countless terrible games on their platform.

I have just started playing the Japanese version and the controls are fine. You only have very limited wii-mote comtrols,  tilt up down for movement of the tourch and waggle for 180 degree turn. The rest is just tradional controls. The game looks fantastic, great atmosphere, cant tell about the story because I cant read a single word, but it seems engaging.

It would be so easy for Nintendo to get this game out in the west and its just a total disgrace they dont and there is no defending them. Same as with Disaster in the US, it seems that Nintendo not only dont cater to gamers but go out of their way to cock block games that may not appeal or scare off the casual market.

I actually believed you were trying to be series until I read that. 

Now I just realize you're a troll. >>;

Ever think that Nintendo realized there were problems in the game AFTER it released and wasn't a huge success in Japan? Maybe..just maybe they want to fix it before they bother to release it in other countries.

tehsage said:
misteromar mk4 said:

I actually believed you were trying to be series until I read that. 

Now I just realize you're a troll. >>;

Ever think that Nintendo realized there were problems in the game AFTER it released and wasn't a huge success in Japan? Maybe..just maybe they want to fix it before they bother to release it in other countries.

They did that with Endless Ocean.... It's Japan release (Forever Blue) was glitchy, so they fixed it for the PAL release.

Nintendo have made a statement that they have cancelled the localisation of Fatal Frame 4.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-