By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - TGS 07 Ratchet and Clank

Stunning new video from GT. (It's in japanese)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25202.html#new_comment

Around the Network

Whoa, are all of the Ratchet and Clank games this epic? I'm getting a PS2 soon, and was thinking about trying the series out, but was a bit hesitant because I didn't like Jax and Daxter, which I hear is pretty similar.

Didn't think Ratchet would say things like 俺等 btw. He looks much more like a 僕. =P

dammit, i hate gametrailers, i can't watch em on my PS3!!!

vizunary said:
dammit, i hate gametrailers, i can't watch em on my PS3!!!

yeah, but youtube videos are fun to watch on 32" screens :D

Really good trailer.

Around the Network

Very nice.

The game looks fantastic! Just like the other videos and developer walkthrough. But Ratchet sounds very different in Japanese as compared to in English, a far higher pitched voice.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

I played a couple of previous Ratchet games on the PS2 but didn't finish them... They are a solid 3D platformer with a LOT of shooting. (at least the ones I played) In my opinion it's kind of a third person shooter meets a platform game. It can be pretty fun if you are into that sort of thing. I can't remember which version I played co-op in but that part of it was great. The amount of enemies at some points in the game was astounding and was a shooting frenzy. Other times, it was clearly a platformer as you had to be careful as you moved around to not jump into the deadly substance below. There are also power ups to get which adds to the gameplay quite a bit.

I didn't watch the Video, but hopefully they go same screen co-op on this version or at a minimum split screen co-op.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

This is the game that makes me want a PS3. Of course, early reviews have said it's not much more than a graphically-updated sequel, but I'm still a whore for the R&C franchise... :(

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Are all R&C games this f***ing awesome!?! Sersiously, what have I been missing out on. I'm an avid platformer fan and I didn't play a single R&C game last gen.