By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I must admit I was wrong about Super Mario Sunshine.

I love Sunshine, it's a great game, but it can be pretty hard at times.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

Around the Network

Sunshine was a great game and probably is hated on more than it should. The main levels were all pretty easy but those secret puzzle levels were frustratingly hard towards the end of the game. You got so used to depending on the water pack that when they took it away from you it made the levels so hard(not to mention the crappy camera angles). I got all 120 stars but the last few took quite awhile to get.

Sunshine is my favorite 3D Mario game. I didn't like Galaxy nearly as much as Mario 64 or Sunshine. Dunno why. Perhaps my tastes are changeing. :(

But back to Sunshine, it's a wonderfully fun game, and I *LOVE* the atmosphere and music. I was so happy when playing Mario 64 DS when the sunshine music made a cameo. :)

volrath50 said:

Sunshine is my favorite 3D Mario game. I didn't like Galaxy nearly as much as Mario 64 or Sunshine. Dunno why. Perhaps my tastes are changeing. :(

But back to Sunshine, it's a wonderfully fun game, and I *LOVE* the atmosphere and music. I was so happy when playing Mario 64 DS when the sunshine music made a cameo. :)

Where does it make a cameo? 

PSN ID: TheSimkin

GamerTag: TheSimkin

WII friend Code: 0002 7972 4522 2681

DaSimkin said:
volrath50 said:

Where does it make a cameo? 

Sweet Odin, it's been a while (got my DS + SM64DS Nov 2004), but IIRC, it's in this one hidden level. There's a stained glass window in some room, I think with Peach on it. It doesn't look like a normal level, jump in it, and there's some island level with the music. It's been a loooooong time. Hehe.

Around the Network

Well for one thing, they finally returned with linearity in this game! Getting the first three stars in Good Egg Galaxy really feels like playing Worlds 1-1, 1-2 and 1-3.

As for the difficulty, it's definitely harder since you start with only 3 points of life rather than 8, and the life extension isn't even permanent. Thwomps that kill instantly cause me to feel extremely nervous when moving over to them.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

favourite mario game

Twilightman on Gametrailers

Fabulous!

I hate that word..

Another Sunshine fan here. The backlash was because Nintendo tried to do something different and some people felt it messed with what was a good formula too much. No matter what they did though, topping Mario 64 was going to be virtually impossible.

Sunshine was an awesome game indeed! the water effects were amazing for the time, too.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD