By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I must admit I was wrong about Super Mario Sunshine.

Super Mario Sunshine is a KICKASS game.

And *VERY* hard.

I had previously posted about "how come there is no mario game for the GC like Mario 64 or mario Galaxy" and got reamed out by a bunch of Mario fans....

At first I thought.. well sunshine is dumb.  It's not a mario like game at all.  YOU GUYS ARE WRONG.

So I gave it a second try, and >I< was wrong, it is a fabulous and challenging game.  So far I'd have to say it's harder than both galaxy and Mario 64.  it's also a lot of fun.  Aparantly *MANY* people got/tried this game, played it for 10 mins, and thought.. this sucks.... this is what I did. (I only have 28 shines so far.. not sure how many I need to get to finish, but after 10 shines i was seeing just how awesome this game is).

The levels are extremely varied, from riding a roller coaster to rollin water melons to running around on beams and flying sand birds etc. etc.

So if you have this game and haven't played it because after 10 mins you thought it sucks... keep going until you have at least 10 shines and I think you'll see the brilliance in the game!

PSN ID: TheSimkin

GamerTag: TheSimkin

WII friend Code: 0002 7972 4522 2681

Around the Network

I beat the game and was disappointed with it. I also was dissappointed with Mario 64. Mostly because I was expecting Super Mario Bros. 4 & 5 .. or 5 & 6 .. whatever.

Agree. I think it's brilliant. The classic Mario action is still there in most levels, and the graphics were very impressive.

I also like Sunshine a lot. It's actually my favorite Mario game...(I think)

I sold my copy long ago but... I have fond memories.

Around the Network

I personally found it to be a hell of a lot of fun. I don't know why, but this game always puts me in a good mood.

My favourite bits are where you find the sort of "hidden" retro levels, with all the floating blocks and stuff, I could spend ages playing those.

I never understood why this game received such a bad reputation. I personally love the game. I never could beat it though. It's too flippin' hard!

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

SamuelRSmith said:

My favourite bits are where you find the sort of "hidden" retro levels, with all the floating blocks and stuff, I could spend ages playing those.

You can tell they enjoyed making those sections the most. Then they went and turned them into a complete game, Super Mario Galaxy.

I still don't care for it much and yes I still have it and I got all 120 shines. Why? it was the only mario released in 5 years and I was desperate. But still have so many issues with this game it left a bad after taste.
Cube was hit or miss on franchises for me.

MKDD bleck
SMS bleck
Starfox Bleck
Paper Mario TYD Meh (n64 one kicked it's ass and was actually finished)
Metroid Prime 2 Light/dark worlds ugh

Metroid Prime YES OH HELL YES!
Wind Waker best Zelda ever
F-Zero sweet
SSBM classic
Luigi's Mansion fun cheeky game

It was a great game. It doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)