By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: 11.6 Million Xbox 360s Sold

Source Next-Gen.biz

"Microsoft says that more than 11.6 million Xbox 360s have been sold to date, but which home console is leading the next-gen race?

The figure makes for interesting reading. As of June, the platform holder said it had had shipped (not sold) 11.6 million Xbox 360s, but seemingly that batch has now been completely snapped up."

What about that number, real? 

Around the Network

Not this again *sigh*

Microsoft said shipped to retailers, not shipped to consumers.

The article says explicit something else.

If we apply the same arguments as with Sony then its sold to retailers and the real number is considerably lower.

So could you please update the VG Chartz numbers, ioi?

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
If we apply the same arguments as with Sony then its sold to retailers and the real number is considerably lower.

Learn to read the last sentence of what he posted o' king of sony trolls on this site.

By the way, when the numbers this week come out, the 360 will probably have somewhere near 80-100k in america and the number will basically be 11.1 mill sold.  That's pretty damn close to 11.6 mill.  I love how you think it's impossible for them to have sold that when it's such a small gap.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

I almost, for the tiniest moment, thought that when I clicked on the article they would be quoting a MS representative actually stating 'sold to customers'. But despite what Just_Ben claims this is more astroturfing/ random fact nonsense. To my knowledge none of the big 3 have or will ever actually give their sold to customer data. If we are lucky we get the sold to retailers. Sometimes we are lucky and an item is completely sold out like the Wii and we get to check our numbers but this is not one of thse times. If anything I think the 11.6 million number is either out of date or it means there are less 360 sold than I think. The retail channel has to be absolutely crammed with these systems for Halo 3. Ever since the holidays last year every big box store has had shelves upon shelves of these things.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

"The figure makes for interesting reading. As of June, the platform holder said it had had shipped (not sold) 11.6 million Xbox 360s, but seemingly that batch has now been completely snapped up."

So they're saying that the 11.6 million consoles shipped by June 2007 have been "snapped up" by customers??

Doesn't that fit perfectly with +/- 5% Vgchartz estimates??

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

erikers said:
Diomedes1976 said:

Learn to read the last sentence of what he posted o' king of sony trolls on this site.

By the way, when the numbers this week come out, the 360 will probably have somewhere near 80-100k in america and the number will basically be 11.1 mill sold. That's pretty damn close to 11.6 mill. I love how you think it's impossible for them to have sold that when it's such a small gap.

Thats a good point. The number can't be shipped, because (lets say there are talking about up to begin of september), it would mean that there are less than 0.8 Million in the retail channel (WW). Thats to low.

Just_Ben said:
erikers said:
Diomedes1976 said:

By the way, when the numbers this week come out, the 360 will probably have somewhere near 80-100k in america and the number will basically be 11.1 mill sold. That's pretty damn close to 11.6 mill. I love how you think it's impossible for them to have sold that when it's such a small gap.

Thats a good point. The number can't be shipped, because (lets say there are talking about up to begin of september), it would mean that there are less than 0.8 Million in the retail channel (WW). Thats to low.

Not to mention the 11.6 shipped is from June.  Now 3 months later they've probably upped their shipping in anticipation for the Holidays and they've probably shipped an additional 500-700k systems since then which would be what is sitting in stores in the retail channel NOW.  

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%