By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people say GT is leagues ahead of Forza?

Jo21 said:

all cars brands agree GT is the racing game.

sure, gimme those booths for free then I'll consider myself bribed and agree on every term while I play other racing games with the setups >=D

Around the Network
tarheel91 said:
yo_john117 said:
tarheel91 said:
yo_john117 said:
tarheel91 said:
yo_john117 said:
tarheel91 said:
yo_john117 said:
tarheel91 said:
yo_john117 said:

I honestly don't know how so many people can say that GT is leagues ahead of forza?  It doesn't make sense.  If your a fan of racing simulators than you should like both, because they basically offer the same thing...one has prettier graphics and one has a few more options.  

So how can anyone in their right mind say that GT is so so much better than forza and that forza just won't do for the GT fanboys.

Have you ever 1) driven a car before or 2) driven a car at its limits before?

I don't see what this has to do with anyting but yes and yes

If you don't see what it has to do with anything, then you probably haven't.  When I say driven a car at its limits, I mean drive it like you were racing it.  I don't mean doing 30 miles an hour over the speed limit; I don't mean racing your friend at a stop light.  I mean either actually taking it to a track, or driving it so that you heel-toe break as you enter a turn, your tires are squeeling around every corner, and you're constantly right on the edge of losing it.

Well if thats what you mean by the limit then no i haven't.  But tell me WTF this has to do with this topic?!?!?!?!

Because Forza and GT are both simulators simulating something you've NEVER done.  You're just like the guys who talk crap about Madden when they've never played football.  When it comes to simulating the racing experience, GT does it better than anyone else.  That is the reason you hear people say what they do.  While you may find Forza more enjoyable, that's more an indication of your preferences in terms of arcade vs. simulation than the quality of either game.

Um they are both racing sims...sorry to break it to you but they both play the same not a big enough difference to scream one is leagues better than both...

I never said forza was better...i just wanted to know why GT fanboys insist that GT is so freakin better than forza?

Also if you are truly going for realism, GT just won't do...racing sims on the PC are more realistic.   And have you heard of Race Pro??  that game got mostly meh ratings simply because it was so realistic that it isn't accessible to most people.

Lastly I'm goina guess that you and all the other people that hearold GT as the most realistic Racing sim ever have never actually raced in real life either....

I have raced before, actually. ;)

And, as I said, the reason people say GT is superior is because it is, objectively, more realistic than Forza, and thus a better simulator.  Whether that makes it a better game or not depends on what you want in a game.  Why do we need to bring PC sims into this.  They're in a whole other league entirely.  They frequently involve investing money into a quality wheel/pedal system (no analog keyboards...), and those can cost several hundred dollars.  It's not a fair comparison.

You obviously have never played forza if you think GT is way more realistic...they both handle the same.  how can you tout reasims with GT when you just bounce off the walls in that game without reciecing any damage? Btw i know that Forza doesn't have amazingly realistic  damage, but some damage is better than none.  

Race pro is on the 360   so since your so tuned to realism play that

I wasn't speaking about GT5 Prologue, specifically.  I was talking about GT in general.  Over the years, GT has always been the best at simulation.  As others have pointed out, it's hardly fair to compare a complete game to a glorified demo.  You're only hurting Forza if you try to argue they're in the same league.  And, honestly, for me, I care much more abound how a car handles than how it reacts to damage.  Having played both, they definitely don't handle the same.

umm i wasn't talking about GT5: P either i was talking generalized.

I just don't get how anyone can say one is infinitly better than the other...I don't mind if people prefer GT over Forza i just don't like it when they say its leagues ahead or when they automatically assume that the next GT is going to be better than the next forza.

so how bout you guys (anyone who truly believes that GT is so freakin better than Forza) tell me exactly, in detail why GT is better than forza.  Only talk about in game features that GT has that forza doesn't or a feature that is much better implemented in GT than Forza.  And to be fair you can compare GT4 with the original Forza since they are both last gen...

Geez its the same arguement everytime GT and Forza get compared to each other.

Xbox Fanboys say - "Its cause PS fanboys havent played Forza"

PS Fanboys say - "Its cause Xbox fanboys blinded by fanboyism or havent played GT"

At the end of the day neither matter. It depends on what YOU like to play. I myself prefer the GT series. I've played Forza on the Xbox and thought it was great. MS answer to a GT on their console. Both consoles have a great racing sim for their own.

Onyxmeth said:

I've never noticed a large difference in either series, but at the same time, I'm as clueless as 99% of this thread and both sets of fans are about which has the more realistic driving, so my opinion, and most others are worthless in that way. While I noticed a few people could name one or so reasons to side firmly behind one or the other, I'm sure almost no one could actually go in depth on their points and explain why one is better than the other, because they are completely ignorant to the science behind both titles and what goes into them.

Like say for instance, your point is "one handles better than the other". What do you really know about high performance car handling at 200MPH to say anything on the subject and know what you're saying is correct? The only person here that may have some real life claim to know what he's talking about is tarheel, but I'm fairly sure almost everyone else in this thread is merely speaking taglines and knows very little to nothing about the real life counterpart to these games to give any informed opinion on even something as important as handling.

Wow good post, butI never acutally said that one handles better than the other..just said that i think they feel about the same.  

I want concrete evidence as to why one supossedly is so much better gameplay wise....is that so hard to ask lol

twingo said:

Ohh god.

You all will never understand, you also op.

See there is the Charger SRT great ride but then there a ISF, close yet worlds apart. Same way Lambo is super great, but a Ferrari always makes it its bitch casue the people behind it were born to create those god damn cars.

If you were a car enthusiast you would understand that and how GT is superior, but you are not and you wont.

GT is made by a crazed car maniac for car people, its not made for the likes of you kid.

Tell me facts not just biased bullshit ok??

Explain to me what features GT has that destroys Forza's??

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
twingo said:

Ohh god.

You all will never understand, you also op.

See there is the Charger SRT great ride but then there a ISF, close yet worlds apart. Same way Lambo is super great, but a Ferrari always makes it its bitch casue the people behind it were born to create those god damn cars.

If you were a car enthusiast you would understand than and how GT is superior, but you are not and you wont.

GT is made by a crazed car maniac for car people, its not made for the likes of you kid.

This is exactly what I was talking about. Two lousy car analogies to explain why Gran Turismo is leagues better than Forza Motorsport, but no actual substance to the argument. Why don't you just black and white explain to everyone in detail why GT is so much better? What has the "car maniac" given GT? Remember details. Don't just say better handling, or more advanced physics. Explain why.

Actually the analogies are perfect for this, you're just a game fanboy you dont get it never will.  

breaking the way the weight transfers taking a corner.

the way i can tell iam about to lose it, same as in real life.

the way i tend to overestimate distance break hard and lose speed then red line through the greats trying to regain speed just like in real life.

the way small upgrades affect the overall feel of the car, the slight yet noticable power increase by a air/exhaust upgrade.

the way it looks, just like my beautifull is300 in real life and the sound.  

the way the wheels spin like in real life, there is no massive fake bs aka overacting (makes sense) smoke just lose which can easily be recovered.

the way handling goes down the crapper then the tires are warn out, try taking a corner to fast with a rwd when your tires are warn out.  scary shiet.  On freash ones you can recover or least save it but when they are gone its all hell breaking lose with you just holding on. 

Played Forza good game really good,  but it didnt make me feel like i was really driving my car.  Felt like a game.

Well, real life is leagues ahead of everything so there.

Maybe u should at least wait till GT5 comes out. Now, that's a thought!

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

shanbcn said:
Because it is?

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Bullet100000 said:
shanbcn said:
Because it is?

Great way to back it up with facts