By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I have never played a Final Fantasy game before.Why one should I get?

Why one is the best?I am leaning towards FF3 but I heard it is not good.I want this to be my entry to the rpg genre other rpg´s that I have player were not that chalenging(kh,pokemon).So which one do you guys reccomend me?

Edit:Which one should I get?Fuck why did make that stupid mistake it pisses me off X(

Around the Network

FFIII should be the very last one you get (referring to the DS version here). Trust me.

I would get FFVI first on GBA (since that's the most easily attainable version).

Or, you could always play them in order, since Square are supposedly putting the first 6 on the VC over the next year.

If you want to go 3D, I hear the DS version of FFIV is really great, and FF8/9 are still fairly easy to find in game stores these days.

FFX hands down.

This game is brilliant.

Cactus said:
FF3 should be the very last one you get (referring to the DS version here). Trust me.

I would get FFVI first on GBA (since that's the most easily attainable version).

Or, you could always play them in order, since Square are supposedly putting the first 6 on the VC over the next year.

If you want to go 3D, I hear the DS version of FFIV is really great, and FF8/9 are still fairly easy to find in game stores these days.

I am 50% leaning toward  IV on the DS,since I don´t own a psp.But I wanna know why III is bad?

ctk495 said:
Cactus said:
FF3 should be the very last one you get (referring to the DS version here). Trust me.

I am 50% leaning toward  IV on the DS,since I don´t own a psp.But I wanna know why III is bad?

It had a lot of small problems with it that hampered the experience. It was also needlessly hard due to lack of save points, lack of phoenix downs early in the game, and didn't have a very good transition to 3D.

I also think that the graphics are fugly, but that might be just me.

Around the Network

I depends on what your gonna play it on....If you have a PSP..Get Crisis Core....FF Tactics has a high learning cure...For DS i agree FFIV should do....and for ps2 FFX would be real good...but again the Grid might be a bit to use with now FF knowledge

FVII or FFV should be the first ones, they have a complex yet simpple battle system, then get VIII or IX, don't for the love of god get IV, its crap.

Cactus said:
ctk495 said:
Cactus said:

I am 50% leaning toward IV on the DS,since I don´t own a psp.But I wanna know why III is bad?

It had a lot of small problems with it that hampered the experience. It was also needlessly hard due to lack of save points, lack of phoenix downs early in the game, and didn't have a very good transition to 3D.

The story sucked.

Sephiroth357 said:
Cactus said:
ctk495 said:
Cactus said:

I am 50% leaning toward IV on the DS,since I don´t own a psp.But I wanna know why III is bad?

The story sucked.

Yeah that too.

emilie autumn said:
FVII or FFV should be the first ones, they have a complex yet simpple battle system, then get VIII or IX, don't for the love of god get IV, its crap.

What the hell? The game is brilliant.