By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Weather Changes, Night Racing in Gran Turismo 5

damage, night races & weather changes were a part of formula 1, (if i am not wrong) NFS as well... why is it such a big deal when it comes to GT?

Around the Network
sunil247 said:
damage, night races & weather changes were a part of formula 1, (if i am not wrong) NFS as well... why is it such a big deal when it comes to GT?

GT sells like hell.

sunil247 said:

because its GT. When Polyphony adds something like these you expect them to be so realistic that you can barely tell if your playing a game or driving a real vehicle in those conditions. Car damage will be like in real life, you dont have some random dents and then bang your car blows up, no your car will get damaged to the point where it wont run in a realistic fashion. A few fender benders in a row wont put a car out of commission like in NFS or Burnout.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

If it can have damage anywhere near DIRT levels or better I will be one happy S.O.B.

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

NanakiXI said:
If it can have damage anywhere near DIRT levels or better I will be one happy S.O.B.

eh, Dirt's isnt that realistic. Even MotorStorm: Pacific Rift has more realistic damage then DIRT. I expect better from Polyphony Digital.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
NanakiXI said:

eh, Dirt's isnt that realistic. Even MotorStorm: Pacific Rift has more realistic damage then DIRT. I expect better from Polyphony Digital.

I know that lol. I just would be happy with that type of damage. If it is better which we are talking about PD here then that would be great. I just don't want damage like a bumber falling off or a dented hood or the same repeated scratch marks on the side of the car. If I hit a yellow or green car then I want to see yellow and green paint on the side of the car. If my tires wear down I don't want them to pop and disappear. I want them to shread apart like my tires when I do an extreamly long burnout and take off (Damn that sucked when it happened).

But even DIRT damage would make me happy. Better than alot of racing games but it can be damn hard to kill your car in DIRT sometimes.

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

sunil247 said:

Theya are perfectionists when they do somehting its worth a look.

twingo said:
sunil247 said:

Theya are perfectionists when they do somehting its worth a look.

Yes, and I love that they take their time with the GT series instead of seeing a new subpar NFS game released every year. Although NFS Shift might be a fresh start for the series. We will see in time to come.

"Therefore we consider every detail very carefully — even if it’s just a bush on the edge of the racetrack is."

he speaks and acts like yoda.

but zomg, yamauchi must be insane. that's why this goddamn game is taking too long. they keep changing the tracks as the bloody things grow new plants!

This game is going to be Amazing!!!!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller