By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Mass Effect Interview: 40-60 hour game length & downloadable content

rocketpig said:
sinha said:
So does that mean this game is too big to fit on a Bluray disc?

No, but the 147 GB of uncompressed audio used in the intro of Mass Effect sure is.

Well if it doesn't include the uncompressed Bulgarian language audio then I will have to just go with Lair instead.

I'll take 6 hours of next-gen over 60 hours of last-gen.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Around the Network

I sometimes wonder if Bioware doesn't so much make games as pour liquid awesome into their boxes.

Words Of Wisdom said:
I sometimes wonder if Bioware doesn't so much make games as pour liquid awesome into their boxes.

Hopefully Mass Effect will include their New Concentrated Shiny Liquid Awesome Formula®.

I am so pumped for this game...

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

To mask the hurt of not being able to play this game, I may just have to play Kotor over again starting on it's release date. And thanks to my bitterness, I'm going to play through as a prick this time!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

This game looks promising, hopefully another phenomenal addition to the 360 library.

Around the Network

This game is ideal for downloadable content. With so much emphasis on discovering planets and exploring them regardless of whether they have anything to do with the main plot, it would not be difficult to allow users to download entirely new worlds without it seeming 'tacked on'.

At the beginning of the year I would tell all my friends, (in addition to a lot of other games) that the 360 has 3 huge exclusives in the near future
Bioshock, Mass Effect, and... I can't remember the other one.?

Reguardless, this game looks incredible. 

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

ultraslick said:

At the beginning of the year I would tell all my friends, (in addition to a lot of other games) that the 360 has 3 huge exclusives in the near future
Bioshock, Mass Effect, and... I can't remember the other one.?

Reguardless, this game looks incredible. 

Silly. The third one is pretty obvious.

Fuzion Frenzy 2! And it's already out!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Damn, but i think i can take the for the Pc-version. ;)

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------