By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If DQX is even half of the game DQ8 was, it's a first-day purchase for me

Who's with me? :)

EDIT: Sorry for using abbreviations in the thread title, but it would've been too long otherwise. DQ is, of course, referring to Dragon Quest.

Around the Network

Damn right. It'll be first day for me. DQX will be the wii's Final Fantasy.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

I think we won't see it until 2012...

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

I will probably buy a Wii for this game along with Zelda!!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

I've never played DQ8 but have played DQ4DS and DQ5DS.

How badly am I missing out?

Around the Network
Roflinator said:
I've never played DQ8 but have played DQ4DS and DQ5DS.

How badly am I missing out?

I haven't played DQ4 or DQ5, but DQ8 is great. If you've got a PS2 I highly recommend you pick it up. It's a really epic adventure. Only real problem with it, imho, is that the beginning is a bit slow and very punishing. It's easy to get turned off from the game in the first quest (I did). But when I picked it up after the first quest about 1½ years later, I could hardly put it down!

When is it coming out ... so I can pre-order it.

Now I just need to finish DQ8.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

mike_intellivision said:
When is it coming out ... so I can pre-order it.

Now I just need to finish DQ8.

Mike from Morgantown

God knows when but most conservative estimates put it around a 2011 release. Could be sooner or later.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Dragon Quest is one of my favourite series' of all time. Every game I've played has been amazing. They have a perfect mix of amazing music, satisfying gameplay, and a main story arc that is filled with small narratives and character interaction, leading to the inevitable fight with the enemy that signifies the opposite of the heroes.

I am gonna get Zexen here to comment on DQ VIII

www.jamesvandermemes.com