By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - One Vs. 100... Is really lackluster

I Think that the End Result will the best thing to come to Online Gaming...I mean Really Free XBLA games...That's freaking Awesome...and the higher prizes like MS points will really draw the crowds

Around the Network

I only got disconnected once in a little over an hour. I had planned to be there for the full 2 hours, but they gave me the wrong start time; said it started at 8pm PST, but it started at 8pm Central time where I am. Good thing I checked at a little before 9.

Anyways, my wife and I did it together and we had a good time with it. I think it's going to be pretty popular once it's released. I was in the Crowd the whole time and didn't win anything, but I came really close to getting Top 3 in the last round. They put you in a group with 4 other people so you sorta compete along the way with them trying to get the fastest response to get the most points. Overall we thought it was very well done and really interactive. The small commercial breaks weren't bad either. We noticed that the hosts audio would drop out at times, mainly at the start of the rounds, but he was good with his commentary. He did a good Luke Skywalker impression doing the whiny power converter line while The One was a Leia clone lol.

The questions were fairly easy for the most part, but it was always shocking to see how many people go them wrong. The worst example was "Which button on your remote control moves the scene backwards". The answers were rewind, repeat, and replay (I think?) and over 30 people managed to get it wrong. Even 5 people managed to get the question about who makes Timbits wrong haha.

There were upwards of 12,000 people playing at some points and it ran smoothly, more or less. One guy who was The One had a choice to go Money or The Mob with 2000 MS points in the bank, chose to go with The Mob then got disconnected...ouch lol.

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, N64, Gamecube, Wii, XBOX360

^^Sounds good. Wonder when they are gonna put this bad boy in production. Thought I heard May 15 or so.

good thing they are doing a beta test then. Although, i would like to play it now...

^^' It sound like something I would play a lot.

Around the Network

this sounds awesome. this is probably the only thing that im jealous of on the x360.

Im skeptical about this.

It's the kind of thing that usually looks good on paper but not-so-good in reality.

Let's see how it goes...

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Tried second episode of the beta.

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)