By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CNN Money: Wii on the wane, companies see sales slowing

"EA, which makes the popular "Madden" and "Grand Theft Auto" franchises, has focused more of its resources on producing games for the Wii."

FAIL

By the way this is a dismal error to be making when you work for DOW JONES NEWSWIRE. Theyre meant to be experts, ofcourse there is also a little recession on now that might lead us to believe something else.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

even though i love my ps3... i don't think we can talk about wii sales when we look at ps3's
...and LOL at EA

It looks like they just rephrasing the same first article that someone uninformed wrote about Wii iz doomz.

I think Tim won't like this thread, I hope he doesn't see it.

Though because they are an investment site they would probably call problems before anyone else aside from other investment sites because Nintendo is a big stockmarket performer at the moment so their readers need a heads up early so they can act.

Tease.

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Around the Network

@Squilliam, look at the profits and market share and performance of Nintendo and then tell me you actually believe Nintendo shares are overvalued. I dare you.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

They get paid to mislead people?

liquidninja said:

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The majority of these journalists own the shares in these companies. Yes they get paid to mislead people, its called restoring confidence in the market.

megaman79 said:
@Squilliam, look at the profits and market share and performance of Nintendo and then tell me you actually believe Nintendo shares are overvalued. I dare you.

If they are down under market expections then the shares are over valued until the market corrects.

Tease.