By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Konami TGS Press Conference - lots of mobile (phone) games!!!

Following the IGN press feed - will post highlights so far:

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/820/820995p1.html

Keywords for the conference:

The keywords for the contents of Konami's games: communication (community, networking), health, and "compatibility:" ensuring that Konami products appeal to people throughout the world.

(Shams - sounds *very* casual to me... health, mobile phones, mass market...)

DS - Time Hollow:

2:48 PM: The conference hasn't started yet, but we've found out about a new DS game called Time Hollow; it's an adventure game directed by Junko Kawano. His previous titles include Rhapsodia, Genso Suikoden IV, and Shadow of Memories. Scenario is by Takehiko Hata, a famous author.

PSP - Silent Hill Zero

3:22 PM: Next, Silent Hill Zero (PSP?). The game is coming out in Japan on 12/6, and they're showing a trailer for it.

??? (PS3/360?) - Silent Hill 5

3:28 PM: He mentioned Silent Hill 5. They're developing the game for the latest hardware (PS3/360?), and the game will be released in 2008. They won't be able to give any actual details today. They're going to have a lot of Silent Hill contents before the release of Silent Hill 5, though.

DS - Dream Skincare, Dokodemo Yoga and Dokodemo Pilates

3:29 PM:Next, Dream Skincare, Dokodemo Yoga and Dokodemo Pilates. These are all non-games for the DS. Pilates is the only new one.

Like the yoga game, Pilates trains you in... whatever Pilates is. 100 pilates lessons just for you! set for release on 12/20! I will finally be able to pilate!

Mobile - (lots of mobile games announced...)

3:51 PM: The pachinko game service will start on 10/1/2007 on DoCoMo.

3:48 PM: He suggests that we downlaod some of these games for the long trip to the Tokyo Game Show. Two people laugh. The next direction (remember, there were two) is: simultaneous release/development. He's introducing a mobile pachinko game site. Pachinko Twinbee! HOLY S*** PACHINKO OUENDAN!!! (Actually, this doesn't have anything to do with the Nintendo DS game. Ouendan is just Japanese for cheering squad).

3:46 PM: Next, Quiz Magic Academy Mobile 2. Has eight-player simultaneous, online, competitive quiz battles.

3:45 PM: Next, Tokimeki Memorial 2, which saw release today. This game is 50 megabytes! It's based off the PlayStation original.

3:42 PM: First rich contents game: Metal Gear Solid Mobile. This will be released worldwide. Mr. Kojima will be explaining the game shortly. Next, World Soccer Winning Eleven Mobile 2. The first one was 2D, without camera control. This new one has 3D visuals, but still uses just a single button for control.

Next, Mobile Powerful Pro Baseball 5. It will support holding the cell phone horizontally, which he says is spradinding due to the release of 1seg. The game will have 3D visuals. Next, Silent Hill The Escape. The game uses the motion technology that uses the camera to detect gestures. It was previously released with the 904i series phones, I

Winning Eleven (all platforms) - coming to the PS3 & Wii!

3:00 PM: He's talking about sales of the Winning Eleven series, and how they've risen. Wii and PS3 will join the winning eleven family this year.

3:53 PM: Mr. Takahashi leaves the stage. Next, Winning Eleven Productions executive producer Shinji Enomoto. Today, they'll explain Winning Eleven for the PS3, 360, Wii and mobile.

4:02 PM: Next, mobile. Winning Eleven Mobile 2. they talked about this earlier. (I THINK I SAW HIDEO KOJIMA!!!!!!!!!) This game will support horizontal screen 3D. Set for release on 11/22.

4:00 PM: Next, World Soccer Winning Eleven Wii (temporary name). A different team is making the game -- not Shingo. First screenshots shown. It looks like Winning Eleven. the game will be released worldwide spring 2008.

3:58 PM: He says they're trying to do expressions with soccer that could not be done on past systems. You can take a picture now (a picture with a USB camera) and map it to your player. COming out in Europe 10.25/2007, Japan 11/22/2007, and America in Spring, 2008

PowerPro Baseball (Wii/DS/PS2):

4:10 PM: Next, Pawapuro Kun Pocket 10. This is for the DS. Full 3D, with voice commentary. Also supports wi-fi for nation-wide competitive play. And also supports download play from a single cartrdige for two players.

4:09 PM: Next, MLB Power Pros for the PS2 and Wii. Wait... I think this is just the American version of the last game. It's hitting America on 10/1/2007.

4:07 PM: They've got lots of different spinoffs of the franchises. Now, actual games. 1. Jikkyou Powerful Major League 21. They're showing the opening trailer for the game. This, of course, is the big headed major league baseball game. For the PS2 and Wii. Both will hit Japan on 10/4.

DanceDance Revoluiton Hottest Party (Wi):

4:17 PM: First, DanceDance Revoluiton Hottest Party for the Wii. This is meant to be a Dance Dance that the family can play. "Wii Love Dance" is the catch phrase. Game concepts: 1. New enjoyment by full body dance through the wii. 2. enjoyment from multiplayer. 3. enjoyable fitness.

4:16 PM: New keywords for the bemani series: worldwide, new consoles with new interesting things, network connectivity, and the development of new content. He's saying that the series will be pushed worldwide and come to new systems.

4:21 PM: The game will have a new group circuit mode. Eight dancers. Music from the 80s on. They're showing a trailer. 10/25/2007 releaes in Japan.

MGS4 - PS3

4:36 PM: They show a bunch of combatants in a huge city environment. They connect using the SOP system. Then, switches to a war-torn city environment again. The're illustrating the SOPsystem, and how you can use it to find enemy positions and keep track of your friends. One scene has a character help another character up a ledge that's two high to get up to on his own. All this is shown cinematically, by the way. But it's all real time.

4:34 PM: Now he's going on to Metal Gear Online. Showing a new trailer.

4:28 PM: Shows a series of soldiers attacking. They're kinda robotic. Four human soldiers face off against them. It's a four on four gun fight. One character mentions the SOP system as having helped in battle.

(have to leave for home now, so no more updates from me - check the link at the top for other goodies as they arrive) 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Yeah, I am hanging my head at Konami and their mobile phones. Konami and S-E make a good team for mobile phone gamers. lol

and the Konami jab at the PS3 didn't go unnoticed by me either "How many of you have a PS3? Probably none. But I think most of you have cell phones"

Cute Konami...

cool, keep it up

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

shams said:

4:00 PM: Next, World Soccer Winning Eleven Wii (temporary name). A different team is making the game -- not Shingo. First screenshots shown. It looks like Winning Eleven. the game will be released worldwide spring 2008.

3:58 PM: He says they're trying to do expressions with soccer that could not be done on past systems. You can take a picture now (a picture with a USB camera) and map it to your player. COming out in Europe 10.25/2007, Japan 11/22/2007, and America in Spring, 2008

Hey... what? I mean... what?!  No way!

jhlennon1 said:
Yeah, I am hanging my head at Konami and their mobile phones. Konami and S-E make a good team for mobile phone gamers. lol

and the Konami jab at the PS3 didn't go unnoticed by me either "How many of you have a PS3? Probably none. But I think most of you have cell phones"

Cute Konami...

Missed the jab... :)

The mobile stuff I find ironic, as I work for a mobile phone games company (one of the good ones), and my boss is over at TGS as we speak - probably meeting up with Konami (as well as other companies...).

Still I can't see myself *ever* playing a mobile game (honestly), unless the mobile is also a dedicated games machine. There will always be a lag between mobiles and the latest handhelds. In some ways, mobile games still can't compete with the good GameBoy Colour games...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

So does that mean that on the PS3, Wii and 360 versions you can have a (much more athletic) version of yourself running around playing?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Kojima's on-stage. woot!

Kojima ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design." - Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto

PSN joshmyersBV Global rank in Warhawk: 1734 Rank: Wing Leader Over 200 Mine kills

I want the new trailer! /cry

It will be for download for PSN Today 6:00 p.m.

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design." - Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto

PSN joshmyersBV Global rank in Warhawk: 1734 Rank: Wing Leader Over 200 Mine kills